• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should we give Mitch a Second Chance

85 posts in this topic

why is it that 3 of my general theads have been locked in a row.???? who knows but I guess the thread hit the limit that we were talking about. It is always good to the other side of the story brought out....that is all I presented here. We you buy a book YOU have to be responsible for yourself, if you take chance without the backing of the cgc...just be aware that anything can happen and do not crybaby after it does.

What we actually say isnt of interest to him

Whoa!

:ohnoez:

:acclaim:

You totally jizzled that Andy. :applause:

I used it wrong, didn't I?

Nah, that was fine. :banana:

Sadly, the positive feedback thread about said dealer hasn't generated much for positive feedback.

What? I provided positive feedback for Gerry Ross.

I read your post as Gerry contributing to the greenhouse effect. ;)

Maybe all MM is saying is the same that many others say here - buyer beware but he doesn't mix the ethics with the dollar signs.

It's all dollar signs - "comics = $$$"

Example:

If I buy a restored book at three times the restored value, I have overpaid for the book - the reason I overpaid is because I "the buyer" failed to educate myself on restoration.

If I buy an overpriced book at three times the market value, I have overpaid for the book - the reason I overpaid is because I "the buyer" failed to educate myself on the market value of the book.

These examples aren't that different if your only perspective is what the book is worth when you try to resell it back to the market.

I don't think MM was defending anything criminal that the other guy allegedly did but if I've identified his perspective accurately then overpaying for a book because of "(insert anything)" is something the buyer needs to protect himself against.

(shrug)

He seems to really believe he's giving "good" helpful advice. Notice he did somewhat turn around regarding restored books.

I missed the hullabaloo, but as much as I could live without the "Mannup" stuff and I skip a lot of his threads. ...I don't think he means to be obnoxious...sometimes, people don't see how they sound, when they write...

All this Mannup stuff sould team up with this new channel that I am having to sell now at the cable company I work for called Manhandle TV. Whatever you do don't google and look at their website. It is about as bad as this Mannup stuff. :insane:

Maybe all MM is saying is the same that many others say here - buyer beware but he doesn't mix the ethics with the dollar signs.

It's all dollar signs - "comics = $$$"

Example:

If I buy a restored book at three times the restored value, I have overpaid for the book - the reason I overpaid is because I "the buyer" failed to educate myself on restoration.

If I buy an overpriced book at three times the market value, I have overpaid for the book - the reason I overpaid is because I "the buyer" failed to educate myself on the market value of the book.

These examples aren't that different if your only perspective is what the book is worth when you try to resell it back to the market.

I don't think MM was defending anything criminal that the other guy allegedly did but if I've identified his perspective accurately then overpaying for a book because of "(insert anything)" is something the buyer needs to protect himself against.

(shrug)

Except he's specifically said that if someone gets suckered that it's their own fault.

That sounds a lot like excusing bad behavior, failure to disclose, and deceptive practices as being the failure of the victim instead of the culpability being on the person doing the "suckering".

My 2c for what it's worth...

I think you guys are making too much out of this.

I have read most of what Mitch has written, and I think it's pretty obvious he's writing to inflame.

He's a pusher of buttons, and a wacker of hornets nests.

I don't think he believes most of what he types; I think he just likes to see the reaction, and that may give him a sense of power.

Like Jeffro said, "If everyone ignored him he would go away. "

It would be MUCH more fun if he actually believed the drivel he produces. :)

(shrug)

No, :facepalm: Mitch :facepalm: quite distinctly ordered the Boards to leave Gerry alone.

I'm happy to keep giving Mitch chances. I get a kick out of his tomfoolery, and I've made up my mind about him: he's a fat-ego'd blowhard who doesn't think before (or, usually, after) he posts. I'm convinced that he means a lot of what he says, and phrases it in ways that maximize outraged response. I support his right to post ridiculous stuff, and the rights of the rest of us to make fun of him for it.

Isn't that why Gore invented the Internet?

Has anyone actually ever met the man? Have any of you ever met each other? This isn't snark, just curious...

He met a bunch of GA forumites and dealers last year in San Diego. They didn't have anything negative to say about the meeting which is often the case. There is usually a difference between online and offline personalities.

I didn't meet him as I was busy at my booth.

I think a part of the problem is that some people don't adjust for internet behaviour and don't realize how they actually sound when typing on a chat forum. It's different than when you can speak in person, read body language, etc.

There's usually a large learning curve for most people, although Mitch is taking a little longer than most.

:baiting:

I'm the same in person as online :sumo:

Maybe someone can blame RMA?

:insane:

:popcorn:

Classic!

lol

Play nice.

:shy:

:popcorn:

As usual, he niether confirms nor denies.