• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
31 31

3,554 posts in this topic

Go to the StlComics board, there's a great thread on there with notable sales of variants. That Hulk will be north of $100, at least.

I'll check it out. I did a little poking around that site before...there are really only 15-25 copies of this book in existence? I realize that's only an estimate, but has anyone been able to figure out how many were made in the first place? 100 maybe?

Yes Cosmic,

I received Kid Colt 206 and 207 in the mail yesterday which completed my 30 cent variant set. Thanks Glenn.

Kid Colt 208, Ringo Kid 28 and Rawhide Kid 134 were the balance of the last five, and fortunately all came up at the same time after almost two years of searching.

I want to thank Harry, Darth, FlyingDonut, Metarog and Glenn in particular for helping me complete the set. Also Cosmic (Terry) is a real standup guy as he was willing to send me his KC 206 to complete the set.

Yes Cosmic,

I received Kid Colt 206 and 207 in the mail yesterday which completed my 30 cent variant set. Thanks Glenn.

Kid Colt 208, Ringo Kid 28 and Rawhide Kid 134 were the balance of the last five, and fortunately all came up at the same time after almost two years of searching.

I want to thank Harry, Darth, FlyingDonut, Metarog and Glenn in particular for helping me complete the set. Also Cosmic (Terry) is a real standup guy as he was willing to send me his KC 206 to complete the set.

Congratulations... I must say I am very surprised you got this set together so quickly. I'm sure there will be upgrading in the future but just to get the set finished is quite an accomplishment. Hope we can chat soon.

Yes Cosmic,

Congrats, dood. Maybe I'll get there someday (shut up, Harry).

I haven't been on your site in a while, awesome stuff! Unless I missed it somewhere you guys should add a "GA Canadian Timely Prints" section when you get a chance, I can help with a bunch of scans. (thumbs u

excellent idea (thumbs u

and while we are at it:

there has been alot of work done over there regarding variant research, tracking of prices, and the updating of the galleries.

I would encourage everyone to stop by and look at some the things going on. The 30 & 35 cent galleries have been recently updated and look awesome. Tracking info is updated weekly or sooner. Comments and suggestions are not only welcome but encouraged. Let us know what you think.

:hi:

How about a Canadian price variant list?

I just bought 600 or so. :banana:

congrats on the buy

I will never mess with canadian editions no matter how many times you try to call them price variants.

I mean it.

600 wow, any duplicates? :baiting:

So if there is no difference in the book besides the price, ie 12 cent v 15 cent. Then how do you know for sure its a Canadian variant and not a simple price variant.

Ed

So if there is no difference in the book besides the price, ie 12 cent v 15 cent. Then how do you know for sure its a Canadian variant and not a simple price variant.

Ed

good question Ed. But lets not confuse some things. Dan is talking about, and was asking to buy Marvels. So he was looking for the 75 cent versions of 60 cent books and 95 cent versions or 75 cent books. There is no doubt they are Canadian Editions.

You are probably referring to the gold key, harvey & archie books that had 15 cent versions versus 12 cent versions. I have never had any of those to look at the indicia, so I cannot state anything except for others saying that they were Canadian editions.

I will never mess with canadian editions no matter how many times you try to call them price variants.

Yeah, let's stop the lame attempt to call these variants - they're not, as I lived in Canada and those were the regular issues sold at the newstand. They're no more price variants than UK editions. doh!

Ed

good question Ed. But lets not confuse some things. Dan is talking about, and was asking to buy Marvels. So he was looking for the 75 cent versions of 60 cent books and 95 cent versions or 75 cent books. There is no doubt they are Canadian Editions.

You are probably referring to the gold key, harvey & archie books that had 15 cent versions versus 12 cent versions. I have never had any of those to look at the indicia, so I cannot state anything except for others saying that they were Canadian editions.

Yes I am referring to the Gold Key etc. The Tarzan issue I showed earlier in the thread has zero difference other than cover price. It may be Canadian but I believe there is a significant comparison challenge here. In the Golden Age, there were specific differences between Canadian and US. Sometimes it was the back cover or right on the front it says "Canadian Edition" or other interior differences, often the indicia. Same with the Silver Age Pence copies. I believe there are differences besides the price with the pence copies. Plus there is a definite negative in that the price is in a different currency than. The 12c vs 15c is a more compelling variant than say 12c vs 9d. With the certainty that an issue was foreign to the US, no doubt it loses collectibility relative to the US version.

Still, unless there was some evidence that GK, Harvey and Archie were doing this as a test bed for price increases instead of simply being Canadian versions, I can't see these books seeing a pop in interest or price.

Question: With the 75c and 95c Marvels, are there differences other than the price area, or are there other indicators?

Ed

Question: With the 75c and 95c Marvels, are there differences other than the price area, or are there other indicators?

All the Canadian editions are newstand versions but I believe that otherwise they are identical.

Ed

All the Canadian editions are newstand versions but I believe that otherwise they are identical.

They are identical. There are some weird price variations - $1.25 books, $1.60, $2.25 covers, that sort of thing, with odd fonts. I have to go through all the ones I just got, and I'll post some scans. I have DCs, Marvels, and Archies.

Ed

They are identical. There are some weird price variations - $1.25 books, $1.60, $2.25 covers, that sort of thing, with odd fonts. I have to go through all the ones I just got, and I'll post some scans. I have DCs, Marvels, and Archies.

GI Joe 21?............. :wishluck:

hey klozd24seven:

Saw you got that amythest book, with a best offer--congrats :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u . Super tough to come by, for me anyways. The last one I saw sell was Dans copy. Although I do know the fella who owns the pair of CGC 9.4's, actually held em pre-slab and post, solid copies they are...but he wants WAAAAAAY TOOOOO much. I will gladly settle for this copy :grin:. Now to find a #1... :insane::wishluck: