• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,572 posts in this topic

And the 35 cent variant analysis. Prices remain ludicrously low across the board. I'll buy any 9.2 35 cent variant at straight 2010 Overstreet. $140 for a Flinstones 1? That's a $1000 book, easily. Just ridiculous doh!

FD, thanks for updating this spreadsheet.

Shameless plug, I know, but you can find better and more current price information on the price variants on my blog http://bronzeagemarvelvariants.blogspot.com/2010_06_01_archive.html

In Overstreets defense, many of the 35 centers have never sold in 9.2 grade so the price is hard to determine. For example, of the five Spider-man 35 centers, four have never sold in 9.2 or higher. I have never seen a 9.2 Kid Colt but I do know that no Kid Colt in ANY grade would sell for Overstreet. In fact the last Kid Colt to sell, was a Kid Colt 218 for which Good would be an optimistic grade. It sold for over $400 or about triple Overstreet 9.2.

What is known, is that based on recent prices, the Overstreet 9.2 prices are 25% to 50% of what the already expensive and well-know books like Iron Fist, Star Wars, and X-Men trade for. The multiple is higher for the less expensive books on the Overstreet list.

I understand that argument, but then they should take the high end prices off - and say "prices vary widely" or something to that effect. There is enough historical data now available to have a better feel for variant pricing - to show the Kid Colt 218 at that price is simply factually wrong.

WE must keep keep them up to date with the sales. I've tried for two years now with sales but I'm a nobody collector who is a slave to Overstreet and the CGC cenus that makes the prices. I thought with McClure's article which is 29 pages long that they would get the prices more up to date but that was just a waste time to Jon and ad space.

Well more time for me get my set together for cheap :whistle:.

I understand that argument, but then they should take the high end prices off - and say "prices vary widely" or something to that effect. There is enough historical data now available to have a better feel for variant pricing - to show the Kid Colt 218 at that price is simply factually wrong.

You are an advisor Dan. They are you. Tell them.

I tracked books for years, and published them in a format for anyone to see. I have no clue where they get their data.

Probably a "secret formula".

OS prices have never been entirely based on actual sales values. If something sold for $50 3-5 years ago, and jumped to $200 and then $400 over the last 2 years, the OS "smoothing pricing matrix" would have it listed at $80-$100. If it stays at $400, the price will go to $150-$200 next year.

Old Bob has even stated this, since he doesn't want OS to reflect actual real-world prices, as that would entail lowering them once speculator values drop - instead he "smooths' them out over the longer term.

Well more time for me get my set together for cheap :whistle:.

This is simply not true. Regardless of what OS says, there is nothing cheap about either set.

Which set are you working on BTW?

hm

:insane: 35 cent....Iron Fist to start.....and lets look for X-Men also in both 30 & 35.

:ohnoez:

OS prices have never been entirely based on actual sales values. If something sold for $50 3-5 years ago, and jumped to $200 and then $400 over the last 2 years, the OS "smoothing pricing matrix" would have it listed at $80-$100. If it stays at $400, the price will go to $150-$200 next year.

Old Bob has even stated this, since he doesn't want OS to reflect actual real-world prices, as that would entail lowering them once speculator values drop - instead he "smooths' them out over the longer term.

Look at the past Iron Fist #14 variant sales in 9.2 that were both over $4000, is a rare in HG bronze age book on the top 10 list in OS, and GL 76 which is not so rare in HG took the #2 spot from it and made it #4 on the list under Hulk 181which is still #3. (shrug) I'm glad SW 1 stayed #1 because I would of been :censored: if GL 76 got it.

And the 35 cent variant analysis. Prices remain ludicrously low across the board. I'll buy any 9.2 35 cent variant at straight 2010 Overstreet. $140 for a Flinstones 1? That's a $1000 book, easily. Just ridiculous doh!

I'm amazed at the jump IF 14 made. Though you would still need to pay roughly 3-4 times the OS 9.2 price to get a certified 9.2.

I'm amazed at the jump IF 14 made. Though you would still need to pay roughly 3-4 times the OS 9.2 price to get a certified 9.2.

Very true when one is known to show up and not hiden on c-link's listings but should of been in the auction part of the site. You got a nice IF 14 in 8.0 :golfclap: on your site and is a good 35 Cent find.

Archies Mad House #22 1st appr. of Sabrina the Teen-age Witch 15c cover price Variant. One was found just recently and is confirmed to exist. Hard to believe the 15c cover price edition of Archies Mad House #22 went undetected in the hobby for 48 years! until now.

About one week ago.

I have seen a scan of it and it had the test market 15c cover price on it, otherwise its identical to the 12c edition. Probably one out of every 300 copies printed of A.M.H #22 sport a 15c cover price?

Here is Betty and Veronica #75 15c price Variant edition( 12c editions guide for $325.00) Try and find one of these 15 centers from 1962-63. Happy hunting folks. They appear many times harder to find than even Marvel 35c Variants. The survival rate on them is extremely low out there.

102338.jpg.3cf5fce39c7a3e3f6d1b6bfd5cf45ad7.jpg