• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Submission Status

21 posts in this topic

Let's see if my books are scheduled for grading...

Thought I would call CGC to check status on the 3 economy books I submitted at the Amazing AZ Con on 1/7 since it will be 40 business days tomorrow. I was told it will likely be another 3 weeks before they're graded. In CGC speak, that means another month and a half, but I'm OK with that. It is what it is. They are a month or more behind and we all know that going in. I just hope I'm still preaching patience in May when they're still not graded, lol.

10807.jpe

See more journals by surfer99

If you get grades in three weeks you'll be doing better than me. :)

My economy submission was graded today - that's business day 71, or as I like to call it: 109 calendar days since they were marked received.

At least my grades were better than I expected.

Lee K

CGC Plans to be in Philly again in June. I think I just might wait till then and give them my books so I can get them back the same weekend. MWauhahahahah. Especially since if I sent in any now I wouldn't get them back till say...August.

Excuse me, my bad. Got carried away.

Last year when I sent my books in I have to admit the wait didn't bother me because if I didn't send them in then my books would still be here sitting in their sleeves. If I want a really good book graded I have learned to just buy the outright. I don't mind when a book I love gets a 5.5 but I hate it when I think it should be a 9.8 and it gets a 9.6.

What issue is that Wolverine Juggernaut picture from?

Tnerb

I just had some modern SS books I dropped off in New Orleans get graded yesterday. The invoices were dated 2/1, so getting a grade on 3/5 isn't too terrible when you consider how bad it was. This will probably equate to about a 30 business day turnaround by the time they ship, so that is still about 50% over schedule but better than 200-300% of schedule like it had gotten.

I also just had an Economy sub dropped off at WW Austin in mid-November ship out yesterday, so that is a turnaround of about 3.5 months. That has to be close to 200% of the 40 business day turnaround time no matter how you slice it. And this is during the supposed "off-season"...

Yeah i subed 7 at the arizona show modern and just got them back on monday. No biggie now i just submit modern fast track now cost more but saves me on waiting. Got my recent stack from fast track within 11 business days made me happy. A few show i have done fast track too and always on time.

I think the fast track is the key here, boys. I just had my Lee/McFarlane SS moderns returned last week from the signing event back in November and my two modern submissions marked received on 12/30/11 just changed status to "Scheduled for Grading" so if patience isn't your virtue, the extra $8 a piece would probably be worth it to you. (thumbs u

I have no problem with the delays, after all they are only showing us “estimated times” at submission-it's the lack of service that accompanies the delay that's my sticking point. How hard is it to send out a notification when you are that much delayed? Why is it on us to watch, check, and wait patiently? After all we’re the customers here.

Just my thoughts.

I think something alot of people miss is that when CGC is at a convention they are not considered 'business days'. Think about it - they travel the day before and after plus the days they are at the con. That could be 3 days out of the 'business' week and there is at least 1 a month give or take. That said the wait is sure hell. I have a econ sub in from early December so I guess from your timing I should see them in ~4 weeks. :wishluck:

I suppose I could have paid another $10 each for economy fast track, but I don't mind waiting awhile longer to save a few bucks. Unless it's something I'm really anxious about then I would likely just pay it. Again, we'll see how I feel when it's been more than 100 days!

P.S. The pic is from Wolverine #93 drawn by Adam Kubert. Love that page, and the cover. Can you imagine owning the original art to that? The imagery here of course is that CGC is the "Juggernaut" in this scenario. :)

I think something alot of people miss is that when CGC is at a convention they are not considered 'business days'. Think about it - they travel the day before and after plus the days they are at the con. That could be 3 days out of the 'business' week and there is at least 1 a month give or take. That said the wait is sure hell. I have a econ sub in from early December so I guess from your timing I should see them in ~4 weeks. :wishluck:

That's not true. With the exception of shows where they do on-site grading, the CGC employees who go to conventions aren't involved in the actual grading process, so them being at a show doesn't impact the time it'll take for you to get your books back.

from the CGC website: "Also note that national holidays and the Fridays of a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing."

either way we are all waiting a long time for econ subs. but then again i am not trying to sell my books so i can wait indefinitely.

from the CGC website: "Also note that national holidays and the Fridays of a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing."

either way we are all waiting a long time for econ subs. but then again i am not trying to sell my books so i can wait indefinitely.

The "Fridays of a major convention are not counted as business days for submission processing"-part refers to when you're dropping off books at CGC's booth at a show - it doesn't apply if your books are already at CGC :thumbsup:

No it is using the coupon but the coupon is for Express service so....No I havent called but I expected it sooner.

Considering it took me almost a year to actually submit I am admittedly not their number one customer but I do have 3 longboxes of high grade books I planned on starting to submit as funds allowed. So I am not screaming at them but I did have what I thought was a reasonable expectation due to the information provided on their website.

No it is using the coupon but the coupon is for Express service so....No I havent called but I expected it sooner.

Considering it took me almost a year to actually submit I am admittedly not their number one customer but I do have 3 longboxes of high grade books I planned on starting to submit as funds allowed. So I am not screaming at them but I did have what I thought was a reasonable expectation due to the information provided on their website.

Using the collector's society coupon isn't the same as Express service - the coupons have a 15 business day turnaround time, whereas Express service has 5.

The 3 weeks you've waited so far is 15 business days, so you're not that far off the stated time.

Using the collector's society coupon isn't the same as Express service - the coupons have a 15 business day turnaround time, whereas Express service has 5.

The 3 weeks you've waited so far is 15 business days, so you're not that far off the stated time.

My mistake. I missed that part. I will be more patient.

fast track is showing on time, but no movement after 8 business days on mine. Going to be hard to get them graded, encapsulated and shipped in 2 days.