• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction Fees

22 posts in this topic

I have sold tons on ebay and just started listing on Clink and CConnect. I believe I would have gotten from ebay the same amount I just got from Clink (on an X-Men 1, 8.0 and a ASM 1, 7.0) - and would have paid far less in fees and would have gotten my money much sooner!

I do have many more books up on CConnect now, so we'll see how those fare. But as of right now I see no benefit (other than those places scanning and shipping books for you) in selling on sites other than ebay.

I agree with this...I think ultimately enough buyers will see your book on eBay and it'll get close to where it should be. Factor in the lower fees and the fact that you'll almost get your payment instantly (with Paypal), it's more than worth the "risk" you may get a little less.

It's like, if you sell a $2000 book on CLink, you'll get $1800 from them in the form of a check. how fast you get it is the ultimate question. I've sold books in that price range and it's taken 4-6 weeks to get paid. I'd suspect if you sold the same book on eBay for $2000, you'd get paid in 3-5 days (if even that long) and you'd pay around $160 in fees + shipping expense. The ultimate factor is time....what's your time worth? In this case, it's better to go the eBay route b/c you're probably going to get $25ish more dollars in your pocket and your money about 15x faster.

I have sold tons on ebay and just started listing on Clink and CConnect. I believe I would have gotten from ebay the same amount I just got from Clink (on an X-Men 1, 8.0 and a ASM 1, 7.0) - and would have paid far less in fees and would have gotten my money much sooner!

I do have many more books up on CConnect now, so we'll see how those fare. But as of right now I see no benefit (other than those places scanning and shipping books for you) in selling on sites other than ebay.

I agree with this...I think ultimately enough buyers will see your book on eBay and it'll get close to where it should be. Factor in the lower fees and the fact that you'll almost get your payment instantly (with Paypal), it's more than worth the "risk" you may get a little less.

It's like, if you sell a $2000 book on CLink, you'll get $1800 from them in the form of a check. how fast you get it is the ultimate question. I've sold books in that price range and it's taken 4-6 weeks to get paid. I'd suspect if you sold the same book on eBay for $2000, you'd get paid in 3-5 days (if even that long) and you'd pay around $160 in fees + shipping expense. The ultimate factor is time....what's your time worth? In this case, it's better to go the eBay route b/c you're probably going to get $25ish more dollars in your pocket and your money about 15x faster.

Yes - exactly what I've been thinking. Glad to have some confirmation. I'm thinking the only benefit of using the other sites is that they do the scanning and shipping for you. Yes, they give a cash advance, but it is a very small % of the final price(s).