• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS 49 scan for supapimp

43 posts in this topic

You see why my rants b4 about using Overstreet grading guidelines was the "iffy" way out for sellers. and this guy is telling the truth. So how can I blame him for any wrongdoing?

Based on the vagueness of the former OS guidelines, sellers were basically "misrepresenting" their "higrade" goods and fleecing customers and then falling back on Overstreet grading when called to account for it.

The description of a Fine comic which is the price you paid according to the Overstreet guide is:................possibly a small defect such as a few slight cross stress marks on spine................book apprears to have been read a few times and has been handled with moderate care.

Overstreet says a few slight cross stress marks on spine...........not a few hundred. frown.gif

It also says that the book would appear to have been handled with moderate care.........and I'm sure he was very careful when he was handling the book..........right before he wiped his with it. mad.gif

And the definitely cut the left edge of the book off in his auction scan to hide all the stress marks. mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Glad you're gonna be able to get your money back for that POS. laugh.gif

I agree Darth negging him would be counterproductive if you are trying to get your money back, but I hope you consider leaving him a Neutral once you have recieved your money. The problem with ebay today is people are so afraid of retaliation that they don't leave feedback that mentions poor grading and this guy will just do the same all over again. Not to mention that fact that Bugaboo is right, he obviously cut the scan that way intentionaly. You strike me as the kind of man who would do the right thing and I hope you will consider leaving him a neutral feed back. If not though I can't say I blame you you are a seller and can't afford to many negs.

have a good weekend,

Ericc123

You see why my rants b4 about using Overstreet grading guidelines was the "iffy" way out for sellers. and this guy is telling the truth. So how can I blame him for any wrongdoing?

Using the old Overstreet Grading Guide, this comic is no where near FN/VF and would actually be graded VG at best. If he didn't use the pictures in the book and went with the Overstreet Price Guide (sans pictures), the description is still not vague enough to create problems like this IMO.

He does seem willing to pay back the money though. So good luck!

Jim

eric and awe4one,

Thanks for the comments. I have secured a guaranteed money back (minus shipping costs of course - whic will put me out about $5.00 in total - yeah , media mail! )

I will leave him a positive when my money comes back, but will leave comment like: "sorry deal didn't go through; difference of opinion on grading"

Neutral is also a possibility, but his customer service was on the positive side.

No need to lambast unless I was totally screwed out of money. He does have "All sales final" in auction which he reconsidered after I brought up polite concern. Maybe there's someone else that feels comfortable spending $70 on that book, with my comment in his feedback. So be it.

I am glad you posted the scans here in this forum...

It's been interesting to see just how much a group of CGC collectors (and therefore typically high-grade collectors) view a book like this... Clearly no one here thought it was a 7.0...

But looking over the thread we have grades ranging from 3.0 to 5.0 with every grade in between mentioned at least once and most mentioned twice. There is a huge difference in price between a 3.0 and a 5.0.

I suspect that most of the posters here have a very limited experience with selling books in these grades, which is part of why we see grades that are all over the map. We all agreed that the original seller was a tool, but I question whether many of the posters here have enough experience with CGC copies of lower grade books to be so confident in their opinions. With the exception of Donut, I doubt any of the responders to this thread have bought or sold more than 20 books in this grade on eBay.

That said, my own grade for the book was on the cusp between VG- and VG, and I would lean toward VG just because Donut said VG- and he tends to grade a little stricter than CGC... tongue.gif

Maybe after I get back my shipment of low to mid-grade copies of TOS 49 from CGC I should post a few of them as grading threads... Although to be honest I don't know how productive it would be. We're all a bunch of nine-oh or nothing clones... laugh.gif