• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Herb Trimpe Sketchbook CGC Signature Series File Copies!

3 posts in this topic

Back in 2009, I helped Herb Trimpe put together his first sketchbook. The official print run was 350 copies of the regular (Green) Signed & Numbered editions and 35 "Sketch" editions (which were Cream). In addition to that, there were some extra copies which Herb numbered as APs.

As is typical, we went through a few iterations before we arrived at the final product. The original proposed title was "Learning to Draw," but we changed it at the last minute to "Odds and Ends"

When I ran into Herb at a rare West Coast appearance in January 2012, I had him add sketches to the different protoype editions that I had in my files. And, I had CGC grade and encapsulate them with the Siganture Series label. Typically on 1-2 of each variations exist of each book

I am offering up some of these prototypes to the public. If you wanted one of Herb's sketchbooks for your collection don't miss out on these. These are a lot rarer than the regular edition (and I'm charging the crazy $850-$3500 prices I've seen being asked on eBay).

I have 3 CGC 9.6 copies for sale:

Signed Blue Prototype Edition (first prototype) - $250

Green Proof Edition (with Learning to Draw title) with Hulk Sketch - $125

Cream Sketch Edition (part of scapped print run) with Hulk Sketch - $125

Pictures of each can be found in my CAF

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=127878

Send a PM to reserve - first come, first served!

I had a chance to post the remaining Herb Trimpe Sketchbook file copies I will be selling. The remaining copies were all graded CGC 9.8. They include:

Regular Green Edition (#43) with Wolverine Sketch - $175

Regular Green Edition (#45) with Hulk Sketch - $175

Cream Proof Sketch Edition (with Learning to Draw title) with Hulk Sketch (Roman Numeral IV) - $250

Cream Prototype Sketch Edition (part of scapped print run) with Wolverine Sketch (Roman Numeral III) - $250

Send a PM to reserve - first come, first served! I'm open to a deal on multiple copies.

I am lowering the prices on the Herb Trimpe Sketchbook file copies I have for sale. Get them while you can!

I have 3 CGC 9.6 copies for sale:

Signed Blue Prototype Edition (first prototype) - $250 $200

Green Proof Edition (with Learning to Draw title) with Hulk Sketch - $125 $65

Cream Sketch Edition (part of scapped print run) with Hulk Sketch - $125 SOLD

I also have the following CGC 9.8 copies:

Regular Green Edition (#43) with Wolverine Sketch - $175 $125

Regular Green Edition (#45) with Hulk Sketch - $175 $125

Cream Proof Sketch Edition (with Learning to Draw title) with Hulk Sketch (Roman Numeral IV) - $250 $200

Cream Prototype Sketch Edition (part of scapped print run) with Wolverine Sketch (Roman Numeral III) - $250 $200

Send a PM to reserve!