• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading question on this Avengers 17

24 posts in this topic

Hi, I dont know if this is the same type of overspray as yours.. but thought it was worth showing in comparision.

Hey Zeman! That white cover and 9.6 makes an excellent example! You betcha'!

Hiya Pov...

So would this Cap #109 have recieved a 9.8 if not for the overspray.?

Or did the graders not take off any points for overspray?

And the book got its grade solely on it's physical merits?

Hi, I dont know if this is the same type of overspray as yours.. but thought it was worth showing in comparision.

Hey Zeman! That white cover and 9.6 makes an excellent example! You betcha'!

Hiya Pov...

So would this Cap #109 have recieved a 9.8 if not for the overspray.?

Or did the graders not take off any points for overspray?

And the book got its grade solely on it's physical merits?

I honestly have no idea. I know that CGC did (or still does) adhere to the OS printing/bindery defects thing. But this is a distributor thing. A very interesting area to me, well, because I love date stamps and arrival markings, which also jive with distributer spray.

I'd say try asking in ASK CGC but don;t ask specifically about tyhis 9.6. Make it a general question such as "How does distributor overspray factor into grading?" or some such.

Z,

They obviously don't take off for distributor ink (don't know why you guys call it spray) or for off-center covers either. . .

But hey, sweeeeeeet book! thumbsup2.gif

I have a 9.6 Cap 116 with black overspray along the top.. you can't really see it on the front cover at all though. There's no doubt in my mind it'd be a 9.6 with or without the spray.

Brian