• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recollecting the Rockford Collection

197 posts in this topic

I was standing at a dealer's table when Mark Wilson came lumbering up carrying one of those extra-large, double-wide, briefcases. He made mention of a new collection and proceeded to pile a bunch of Rockfords on the table.

I was stunned - these books looked brand new! However, upon looking at the insides, they were tanning with brown halos. That pretty much killed all interest for me.

Then Mark pulled out a Detective (I can't remember which number), and it was bone white on the inside. But by then, a small crowd had started to gather and I just simply walked away.

Being a PQ guy, Rockfords and Crowleys are probably my least favorite pedigrees, but I certainly appreciate that others really like the collection.

fuuny to see the original prices on the books. As with many other big Peds, you don't do nearly as well with the non key books as with the keys, value wise. Some of the asking prices on the midgrade books are close to retail today, 15 years later.

I was standing at a dealer's table when Mark Wilson came lumbering up carrying one of those extra-large, double-wide, briefcases. He made mention of a new collection and proceeded to pile a bunch of Rockfords on the table.

I was stunned - these books looked brand new! However, upon looking at the insides, they were tanning with brown halos. That pretty much killed all interest for me.

Then Mark pulled out a Detective (I can't remember which number), and it was bone white on the inside. But by then, a small crowd had started to gather and I just simply walked away.

Being a PQ guy, Rockfords and Crowleys are probably my least favorite pedigrees, but I certainly appreciate that others really like the collection.

lotta crippens with less than stellar pq, as well.

church

'frisco

larson

chicago, and

allentown is how my fave ped list would go. chicago so high since i'm a timely guy.