• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recollecting the Rockford Collection

197 posts in this topic

Apart from the regular presence of Harley Yee at UK cons, and the odd foray across the pond, collecting golden age in the UK in the nineteen nineties for most of us brits depended largely on access to material via dealer catalogues.

Jim Payette's catalogue always had great stuff in it, and I remember there was one stupendous Metro catalogue, but by far the best and most enjoyable was the Worlds Finest catalogue.

It was one of these that launched the Rockford Collection, which ran through several issues.

This was my first opportunity to acquire pedigree comics - not just in ones and twos, but in bunches, mainly Fight and Rangers Comics.

Most I've since sold, but there are a couple I never will.

Because my collecting focus has broadened considerably over the past 15 years, I also have a few from other titles more recently acquired.

The Rockford ped is not comparable to the San Francisco, Allentown or Mile High pedigrees in terms of quality, but I believe it may still be second only to Edgar Church in terms of quantity and diversity - and while the Rockfords may suffer by comparison with the elite peds in terms of eye appeal, they do nonetheless have very good structure, and are very satisfying books to hold in the hand.

So I thought it might be fun to share and ask you to share as well. And if you have a story to tell about their acquisition, so much the better!

Post your Rockfords, and let's see how many we have between us!