• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War books a-go-go.

595 posts in this topic

Okay! That's it for me!

I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone who looked in on this sale, and in particular everyone who pulled the trigger on some purchases. And not just this sale - in the past few months, I've had several threads where I sold GI Combat, Our Army at War and Atlas War books - and the response has been just incredible.

A number of collectors have asked me why I decided to sell the silver books, and it really does come down to the fact that it's just the right time for me. I've loved collecting them, but in the process I realized that my heart really lies in the 1968-1988 war books that I grew up with. That said, I've kept just enough of the silver age tites to get fix when I need one.

This has been not just cathartic, it's been great fun too. I hope you all enjoy these books as much as I have.

Thank you once again, and best to everyone,

Shep

Well, I'm glad all you guys weren't around yesterday.
I was, but I was holding out for Johnny Clouds today. I was hoping Capt Deep Pockets would be out of funds, but no such case - although it looks like Hawaii Bill had his way with both of us.

I was, but I was holding out for Johnny Clouds today. I was hoping Capt Deep Pockets would be out of funds, but no such case - although it looks like Hawaii Bill had his way with both of us.

I think that about sums it up.

I was really hoping the Captain didn't need all those early SSWS but apparently he did. :)

got caught only with my iphone on the other days Shep listed.

He most certainly did. :tonofbricks:

Mitch would be proud of Bill's prowess banangetsit2.gif

Mitch would be proud of Bill's prowess banangetsit2.gif

Guy knows how to mannup. :insane:

Wasn't able to compete with the Posse the last two days due to family stuff, but I think Shep can be happy to know that all the books posted are going to people who will definitely appreciate them and will be in good homes. I know the books I was able to get will be in my collection for a long time a comin.