• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculative Predictions for Walking Dead keys?

130 posts in this topic

I have to agree with what Branget is implying. Why not make the title of the thread "how can those knowledgeable make me money"

Read the series, do the research. I am about up to here with speculation threads that just are pure laziness.

I know I am going to get jumped for it but flat out truth. Read the books, buy what you think could be worthwhile but don't expect others to do it for you.

I just feel we have officially entered the 90s again this past month in the modern forum.

Where are all those Fatale backers? In and out by issue 3...NEXT!

I have to agree with what Branget is implying. Why not make the title of the thread "how can those knowledgeable make me money"

Read the series, do the research. I am about up to here with speculation threads that just are pure laziness.

I know I am going to get jumped for it but flat out truth. Read the books, buy what you think could be worthwhile but don't expect others to do it for you.

I just feel we have officially entered the 90s again this past month in the modern forum.

It is odd, isn't it? Seems like every new Image book is the next big thing, at least for 2-3 months...

Skullkickers and 27 were the first targets, IIRC...

Are other message boards and forums the same?

I just wanna know why JJ didn't create a thread 3 years ago to get us all speculating on Walking Dead #19s. :cry:

We could all be retiring now off them.

It is odd, isn't it? Seems like every new Image book is the next big thing, at least for 2-3 months...

Image #1s are the new penny stocks.

I just wanna know why JJ didn't create a thread 3 years ago to get us all speculating on Walking Dead #19s. :cry:

The answer to that is fairly obvious. ;)

I know I seem harsh but...

Why was none of this important a year ago? Now it is because it's like printing money. That worries me...

I agree 100% so much so in fact that if you want me to take extra issues off your hands, I will pay you cover price and that Branget guy double cover because his are in those plastic things though on second thought you can't read those issues so half for those.

:whistle:

To make me money not others...I do that in my day job lol

Indeed, also just ignore the fact that I didn't even know these boards existed 3 years ago. lol

There's been much discussion about the crazy prices Walking Dead 1 and other keys have been selling for.

There is no shortage of collectors on the CGC board who say it's currently in a bubble. TWD show is still fairly new with much buzz, and no TV show lasts forever. It's a reasonable position to take that the end of the show will see prices crash, or even perhaps a cooling with the show still airing.

But there are also people who opine otherwise, and I'm wondering if just about all comics who see big spikes have detractors who say it's a bubble, only to have that comic stand the test of time. I can't remember who the poster was, but one boardie said he thinks Walking Dead will retain a large cult following much the same as Star Trek and a few others franchises have. That's possible.

So I'm curious, what are your short and long term predictions for Walking Dead comics and the franchise itself?

Lost the tv series lasted 6 years,so I see this Walking Dead tv series at least 3 years. What people always forget is you can make good money short term. I bet more people will make money short term with Walking Dead and Chew back issues,then someone buying Incredible Hulk 181 now, then selling it long-term in the next 5 years. You know a book like Walking Dead rarely comes around like this in comics. When was the last time something came around like this? TMNT? hm

Most of those other ones will be dogs like the early 90s dreck. I would stick with Walking Dead,Chew and Locke & Key.

Why?

They were damn good stories. People actually read them,and just didn`t buy to flip. ;)

i don't compare the Image books being released now with the from the early 90s. For one they're are alot fewer of them.

And these are actually entertaining stories on their own, without a potential profit thrown in the mix. Luther Strode, Thief of Thieves, Peter Panzerfaust, Saga, Fatale,etc.. They're enjoyable reading. Isn't it possible that this is Image's golden age releasing so many great reads one after the other.

That's nice. I'm about up to here with people complaining about threads they don't have to click on.

Having an interest in other people's perspectives does not equate trying to make money from people with more knowledge. In fact, two people who both have a vast amount of knowledge can have completely opposite opinions about the future of Walking Dead. But a conversation between the two can be very informative.

I'm a collector. Although it's nice not to take a loss, or even sell for a profit I'm not at all in it for the money.