• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculative Predictions for Walking Dead keys?

130 posts in this topic

There's been much discussion about the crazy prices Walking Dead 1 and other keys have been selling for.

There is no shortage of collectors on the CGC board who say it's currently in a bubble. TWD show is still fairly new with much buzz, and no TV show lasts forever. It's a reasonable position to take that the end of the show will see prices crash, or even perhaps a cooling with the show still airing.

But there are also people who opine otherwise, and I'm wondering if just about all comics who see big spikes have detractors who say it's a bubble, only to have that comic stand the test of time. I can't remember who the poster was, but one boardie said he thinks Walking Dead will retain a large cult following much the same as Star Trek and a few others franchises have. That's possible.

So I'm curious, what are your short and long term predictions for Walking Dead comics and the franchise itself?

There's been much discussion about the crazy prices Walking Dead 1 and other keys have been selling for.

There is no shortage of collectors on the CGC board who say it's currently in a bubble. TWD show is still fairly new with much buzz, and no TV show lasts forever. It's a reasonable position to take that the end of the show will see prices crash, or even perhaps a cooling with the show still airing.

But there are also people who opine otherwise, and I'm wondering if just about all comics who see big spikes have detractors who say it's a bubble, only to have that comic stand the test of time. I can't remember who the poster was, but one boardie said he thinks Walking Dead will retain a large cult following much the same as Star Trek and a few others franchises have. That's possible.

So I'm curious, what are your short and long term predictions for Walking Dead comics and the franchise itself?

:facepalm:

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Here we go again.....check the other Walking Dead threads. Same mess different thread

Is there a WD thread that is strictly dedicated to price speculation? I know there are bits and pieces of those predictions here and there all over the place. There's actually a reason I'm looking for a large amount of feedback on this specific topic.

That being said, I apologize to the face palmers for making a thread that you had absolutely no choice but to click on.

My short and long term position are the same but different, the book could go higher or lower from this point however after doing so there is a 50/50 chance that it will continue on that trend or reverse itself in a market correction that will either establish the long term price bottom and/or top for a specific period of time.

Other than this I would just be guessing.

:insane:

My short and long term position are the same but different, the book could go higher or lower from this point however after doing so there is a 50/50 chance that it will continue on that trend or reverse itself in a market correction that will either establish the long term price bottom and/or top for a specific period of time.

Other than this I would just be guessing.

:insane:

A very elaborate way of saying you have absolutely no idea. Cute, but unfortunately me neither.

:shy: you're going to get alot of replies, referencing "another WD thread" lol

Is there a WD thread that is strictly dedicated to price speculation?

I thought there was it was sandwiched right between:

"Carl's hat size prediction/speculation thread."

and

"Does Michonne have a favorite color if her character is almost always in black and white?" thread.

:popcorn:

I'm curious also. I've written my opinion several times but if I have some time I'll do it again. ;)

FBB draft tonight so not much time. :)

What's the short of it? Keep your key WD comics or sell now?

Keep them, but don't spend a fortune hoarding the first appearances of secondary characters.

Serious answer?

Besides the obvious early ones 19 and 27, I'd lean to:

WD 48 - Death galore

WD 49 - new direction

WD 70

WD 83

WD 91

WD 97 - A hunch...

(trying to be spoiler free...)

Serious answer?

Besides the obvious early ones 19 and 27, I'd lean to:

WD 48 - Death galore

WD 49 - new direction

WD 70

WD 83

WD 91

WD 97 - A hunch...

(trying to be spoiler free...)

WD 53. (thumbs u

doh! I should have included 53. That list is by no means complete - please add some more numbers I left out. I need to re-read the series.

Anybody see what individual issues sell for on amazon? It's crazy.