• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Super Heroes #20

6 posts in this topic

There does seem to be a fair bit of wear along the spine from the title down and perhaps even a spine/cover split at the bottom should the white lines be tears and not colour loss.

I find that squarebounds can be problematic. Wrinkling from glue is a natural defect but I tend to look closely for any cover detachment at the top and bottlom of the spine. Impossible to tell from a scan. (shrug)

I note that there may be a fingerprint issue on the right side of the front cover just below mid-way down and maybe a bend or wrinkle at the bottom of the cover mid-way across. Then again these could be scanner artifacts as blacks and purples are sometimes difficult to scan.

Could be a very nice book for a technical 7.0.

There does seem to be a fair bit of wear along the spine from the title down and perhaps even a spine/cover split at the bottom should the white lines be tears and not colour loss.

I find that squarebounds can be problematic. Wrinkling from glue is a natural defect but I tend to look closely for any cover detachment at the top and bottlom of the spine. Impossible to tell from a scan. (shrug)

I note that there may be a fingerprint issue on the right side of the front cover just below mid-way down and maybe a bend or wrinkle at the bottom of the cover mid-way across. Then again these could be scanner artifacts as blacks and purples are sometimes difficult to scan.

Could be a very nice book for a technical 7.0.

Thank you for taking the time to go over the scans. I think you are right on the money or at least within .5. The spine is good...no splitting but there IS color loss or some sort of abrasion.

I love this book and tend to hoard it. Got this one for a good price considering the pedigree but I've got several copies that will grade higher. Never know, I've sent squarebound to CGC before and received signifacantly higher grades than I expected so this book may go 8.0 or 8.5. Very nice copy and like I said there are no tears or splits...just the "abrasions".