• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happenned?

68 posts in this topic

Kinda late for me!!!!

I'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person ... I'm going to bed. (2:00am here.)

I'm inibriated.

Ciao!

(Kinda late ain't it for you guys? )

It's 11AM over here.

(shrug)

Can we get back to talking comics then ? It is after all .... Friday !! :banana:

Time to dance with Kate.....

d95bc39f2979cc2cb5f6fc4abc1516ba.gif

I'd be dancing in a different fashion with this one...

Lambada, the Forbidden Dance?

Well, I'd start of with lambidelas (google translate this one) if that's what you're asking... lol

the discussions only seem to entrench those who believe or don't believe.

That happens when people are only interested defending their position regardless of what someone has to bring to the table...which is most of the time...but that happens whenever someone has an emotional investment in a discussion, regardless of the topic. Even when it's just comics and paper.

That happens when people are only interested defending their position regardless of what someone has to bring to the table...which is most of the time...but that happens whenever someone has an emotional investment in a discussion, regardless of the topic.

To quote the Joker:

"Gentleman, let's broaden our minds"

That happens when people are only interested defending their position regardless of what someone has to bring to the table...which is most of the time...but that happens whenever someone has an emotional investment in a discussion, regardless of the topic.

To quote the Joker:

"Gentleman, let's broaden our minds"

tumblr_leedc3i2uI1qzusjlo1_500.gif

Religious debates are off topic for these boards. Not allowed. :)

Getting nasty in those debates before we can get around to removing them is gonna get somebody WRIST SLAPPED! BOOYAH!

No, I didn't. Just saying, be nice.

So speaketh the voice of reason....

+1 Political and religious discussions are completely inappropriate for hobby message boards. If you want to sound off on these topics, get your dander up and fight with lots of people about your viewpoints, then simply head over to the Yahoo message board forums.

Getting nasty in those debates before we can get around to removing them is gonna get somebody WRIST SLAPPED! BOOYAH!

+1 Political and religious discussions are completely inappropriate for hobby message boards. If you want to sound off on these topics, get your dander up and fight with lots of people about your viewpoints, then simply head over to the Yahoo message board forums.

BOOYAH!!

Political and religious discussions are completely inappropriate for hobby message boards. If you want to sound off on these topics, get your dander up and fight with lots of people about your viewpoints, then simply head over to the Yahoo message board forums.

Just so the religious folks don't feel singled out, I also believe that anti-religious discussions are just as inappropriate. I'm a militant Atheist, and I'm not interested in exercising my beliefs here. This place is for comic talk intermingled with hot babes!

None of the Watercooler discussions are hobby related, and that is what I was referring to.

None of the Watercooler discussions are hobby related, and that is what I was referring to.

I've yet to venture out to the WC. I like semi-focused comic talk, so I get most of my fix here in CG and the other areas.

What happened? What happened?

additional_voices_2.jpg

Someone started a thread about religion, then a guy in a suit with a gun came in and said: "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to locketh thy thread for the wonton acquisition of points. And you will know my name is the Lord when I take away your points by deleting thy thread!"

Then gunshots, a banana and now we're here.

I wasn't directing this at you - just in general. :)

Although not specific to any topic, the WC "is" within a hobby website.

Very few people can have civil discourse on emotionally charged issues such as politics and religion. It almost always ends up upsetting one side or both, which is not good. It's best not to even go there. Heck, we have enough fights over hobby-related material - there's no need to bring in unrelated issues for additional drama.

"And I will strike thee down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to locketh thy thine thread for the wonton wanton acquisition of points. And you will know my name is the Lord when I taketh away your points by deleting thy thread!"

So let it be written, so let it be done....

"And I will strike thee down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to locketh thy thine thread for the wonton wanton acquisition of points. And you will know my name is the Lord when I take away your points by deleting thy thread!"

Haha. Wonton. I still have last night's Chinese food on my mind.

"And I will strike thee down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to locketh thy thine thread for the wonton wanton acquisition of points. And you will know my name is the Lord when I take away your points by deleting thy thread!"

Haha. Wonton. I still have last night's Chinese food on my mind.

lol

No religous discussions allowed?

Not trying to be a smart arse, but when was that rule instituted? (shrug)

Obviously Politics are a no no but unless I missed something I have never seen a "no religion" rule. ???