• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tell me about your best deals via Craig's list or your local papers

7 posts in this topic

Ever since I returned to collecting two years ago, I've made it a point to keep an eye out for what may be good deals on my area's Craig's listings & in the local papers on a somewhat regular basis. And, unfortunately, I haven't come across anything interesting enough to me to purchase yet.

As you can imagine, most of what people advertise here is stuff from the '90s that's frequently WAY overpriced. Not that I expected to find a bunch of grails or anything, I'm just surprised at how crappy 99.9% of it is that's out there.

Is it the same pretty much everywhere or is my Buffalo area particularly bad?

SOME of you must have had some good fortune though, so let's hear about some of those instances please.

My 11 year old daughter's in the hospital today ( nothing major thankfully ), so I could use a wee bit of cheering up mates. So, tell me your tales...

Jim

Not a local newspaper or anything, but my bro had an old stack of comics in a shoebox and i checked through them and found an ASM 129.

It's probably a 6.5-7, but you can imagine how fun it was to flip through and see that yellow cover!

Not a local newspaper or anything, but my bro had an old stack of comics in a shoebox and i checked through them and found an ASM 129.

It's probably a 6.5-7, but you can imagine how fun it was to flip through and see that yellow cover!

Is this a common book (for keys) to find on the cheap?

I've found 2 over the last two years, at a flea market and a garage sale, and another buddy found one a few weeks ago answering some guys craigslist ad.

I found a guy on craigslist advertising Walking Dead art back in 2008.. I started emailing him and eventually sent him some money through paypal... Time passed and nothing arrived.. He stopped responding.

Ultimately paypal gave me my money back...

Yes, that was really my best craigslist deal...