• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Arrow" TV Show on CW Network
1 1

2,208 posts in this topic

Amazing how Green Arrow did very well with the modern mainstream audiences, but his partner Green Lantern didn't`t do well with mainstream!

Who would have thought that 3 years ago with all the Green Lantern movie and Geoff Johns Green Lantern Hype? hm

The difference is one sucked eggs, one didn't, and you know which is which. ;)

It's too bad, because I had a lot of hope GL would be good - but alas, it was not.

... but it doesn't mean they should abandon that character either.

Try and try again I say :wishluck:

I just started watching it on Neflix and I am up to episode 7(I think).

So far, so good (thumbs u

Hey Steve - welcome aboard!

Just wait till you get to season 2!

:hi:

This site had some interesting did-bits:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/12/arrow-fall-finale-post-mortem-felicity-and-oliver-roys-transformation-and-slades-revenge.html

Does anybody else see a Roy Harper junkie storyline coming a mile away following the events of last episode?

Including this about Roy's path:

"Roy Harper ended the fall of Season 2 full of mirakuru and justifiably confused about what just went down. Does the injection mean that Roy is doomed to a life of evil? Not if Oliver has anything to say about it. "Oliver basically makes it his mission not to let Roy go down the Slade path," Kreisberg explained."

and this about Slade:

Audiences don't yet know exactly what turned Oliver and Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) from great friends to mortal enemies. But that is coming. "He blames Oliver for what happens [to Shado]," said Kreisberg. "And what's interesting for our character is Oliver blames himself too."

Love how they are bringing more and more big name characters (Barry Allen, Brother Blood, Deathstroke, etc.) into it as well

Did I hear Solomon Grundy mentioned? I thought I heard his name mentioned during the show.

And there's Professor Ivo the creator of Amazo. I wonder if Amazo will be showing up?

Yep, right in the beginning Barry Diggle sees something printed about him.

I have to watch it again and try to see what it was.

Maybe an appearance is in the cards . . .

:news:

found this:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1718934/arrow-everything-missed-on-three-ghosts.jhtml

Born on a Monday

Upon breaking into Cyrus Gold's apartment, Diggle finds a book about Solomon Grundy. As those of you hardcore DC comic fans know, Cyrus Gold is the name of the gangster who eventually is transformed into Solomon Grundy. Now that Gold has been defeated and has had acid poured all over his face, could he be returning to life as the zombie supervillain from DC comic book lore?

Edited by Bob-a-loo

Solomon Grundy was mentioned when Diggles was in the Super Soldier's apartment (can't remember the character's name, but it was the guy that put Laurel's dad in the hosiptal). When Diggles was in the apartment, he saw the Solomon Grundy poem, and Oliver said he's familiar with the poem.

On a similar note. I noticed that during the end battle, Ollie blew up some thing and it exploded over that Super Soldier's face. They showed some greenish crystals growing on him. Does this lead ot Solomon Grundy?

I may have to give Arrow a shot again. (Pun intended) It seemed to CW to me at first, all the young adults and their problems, but they seem to be doing a better job of bringing in B and C level heroes and villains into the show than AoS does.

Yeah, the first season certainly put too much emphasis on the Oliver's love life, the Laurel-Tommy relationship, and Thea's personal problems. Season 2 seems to be more focused on Oliver's evolution from vigilante to hero.

I thought last week was better than this week. And then I remembered that Laurel wasn't in last week's episode, so that's probably why.

I don't like her either. She looks strange. The nerdy girl is hot though!

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u