• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since when did this become Pop Culture general

68 posts in this topic

White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.
White noise.

Is it all white or is there some off white or cream to off white too?

There is more about movies, tv shows, etc on this forum now than comics. I thought that was what the water cooler was for. Just saying

It's transition time. We're going from being nerd nerds to super cool nerds.

Hard not to talk about movies when they are comic related.

Of course we could talk about me.

Yeah, that's it.

Well somebody could start a pressing thread, or a Metro over-grades thread, or how buyer premiums suck, or that Paypal is a bunch of crooks...

don't forget a scanner size thread :popcorn:

There is more about movies, tv shows, etc on this forum now than comics. I thought that was what the water cooler was for. Just saying

Good point.

We didn't wanna hang out with those coin guys :grin:

Curmudgeon.

You kids get offa my lawn! :baiting:

.... And go read some comics !! :sumo:

I think it's fine because that's was there is a comic renaissance. Comics are part of our mass pop culture, and as long as the topics tie-in to comics it's good by me.

I agree. Eventually, comics will not be at the forefront of pop culture and then people will be posting stuff like "when is the next comic movie out?"

It's a good time to be a geek, I say enjoy it.

Actually the modern forum is where they are talking about comics. The reading of them, and the speculating of them. Modern is hot again ! :cloud9:

:)

rantrant

Comics General

A comic book collecting board for general discussions of all things vaguely related to comic books, creators, artists, writers, movies, pricing, etc.

:rulez:

:)

rantrant

Comics General

A comic book collecting board for general discussions of all things vaguely related to comic books, creators, artists, writers, movies, pricing, etc.

:rulez:

Yeah, I have to respectfully disagree with Dale, here. Comics General is exactly the right place to be discussing anything remotely related to comics that doesn't fall within the parameters of one of the sub-forums.

The only movie and TV shows I see being discussed are:

Avengers movie --- completely comic book related

Green Arrow TV show --- ditto

John Carter movie --- this is being discussed in the general JC of M thread because the movie is out now. JC has been a regular in comic books since 1939 and currently has four or five comic book series by two different companies.

Prometheus movie --- this is maybe the weakest, but it's an Alien prequel and Aliens (and Aliens vs. Predator) has been a successful comic book franchise at times too.

I just don't see the problem. :shrug: