• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a GREAT Deal!!

124 posts in this topic

If you have any stores called 'Vintage Stock' in your area, check the boxes for any Walking Dead books.........Yesterday, I got THREE "Walking Dead Weekly #19" in MINT/NM condition for $2.49 each.....!!!

So yes, I spent just over $8 after tax for those, that's a hell of a deal!

If you have any stores called 'Vintage Stock' in your area, check the boxes for any Walking Dead books.........Yesterday, I got THREE "Walking Dead Weekly #19" in MINT/NM condition for $2.49 each.....!!!

Damn, VERY nice!! Which ones did you hit? I see you're in Missouri. I've hit up both the Lee's Summit one and the one in Blue Springs.

the hard part isn't selling the Weeklys for good coin...the hard part is actually collecting the money. People use their confusion as to what they're buying to get them out of the deal.

No offense intended, but that's a load of bull - it's the sellers who are intentionally avoiding calling a spade a spade & hoping that the buyers are too stupid to know the difference.

Putting "1st print" in the title or description for an issue of Walking Dead Weekly is utterly misleading - it's a friggin' reprint and should be listed as such.

Which is a load of as well :)

The first appearance of Michonne is Walking Dead #19 - that's it.

It's no different than claiming Incredible Hulk and Wolverine #1 from 1996 contains the first appearance of Wolverine seeing that it reprints Hulk 180/181 :screwy:

I am sorry but if an eBay listing for weeklys says clearly in the title The Walking Dead Weekly, and then shows a picture of the correct Walking Dead Weekly then everything else is on the buyer to know what they are buying.

Sorry but a seller doesn't need to hold the buyers hand through the entire process. The buyer is responsible for doing a little research before spending money.

Damn, VERY nice!! Which ones did you hit? I see you're in Missouri. I've hit up both the Lee's Summit one and the one in Blue Springs.

I went to the one in Lee's Summit, afterwards, I figured I should check the Blue Springs store, so I drove out there, but they didn't have anything earlier than 20-ish.

The Lee's Summit store did have several EARLIER Walking Dead Weeklys in the single digit numbers,.

I am sorry but if an eBay listing for weeklys says clearly in the title The Walking Dead Weekly, and then shows a picture of the correct Walking Dead Weekly then everything else is on the buyer to know what they are buying.

Sorry but a seller doesn't need to hold the buyers hand through the entire process. The buyer is responsible for doing a little research before spending money.

there are some that shouldn't be allowed to bid.

What I'm ranting against is people selling weeklies and putting "1st print" in the title & the description, whilst conspicuously avoiding the word "reprint". The buyer has a responsibility to educate themselves - that doesn't mean, however, that it's a-ok for the seller to try to muddle the issue as much as possible.

It's no different than claiming Incredible Hulk and Wolverine #1 from 1996 contains the first appearance of Wolverine seeing that it reprints Hulk 180/181 :screwy:

and the 1st appearance of Michonne in the Walking Dead Weekly is #19...how else are you going to tell people it's her 1st app in the walking dead mythos.

and the 1st appearance of Michonne in the Walking Dead Weekly is #19...how else are you going to tell people it's her 1st app.

"This book reprints The Walking Dead #19 which contains the first appearance of Michonne".

It's really not that hard.

If you were selling issue #1 of a random Amazing Spider-Man mini-series would you claim that that book was the first appearance of Spider-Man as well? Because, technically, it's the first appearance of Spider-Man within that particular mini-series?

there are some that shouldn't be allowed to bid.

If you do not value your eBay feedback or your seller integrity then list how you like.

i'll just be sure to put the word reprint in the description. Though i've also had people confused asking if my Weekly was a 2nd printing of the weekly. So you can't really win.

I don't see the 'confusion' about a reprinted weekly being an issue. :facepalm:

and the 1st appearance of Michonne in the Walking Dead Weekly is #19...how else are you going to tell people it's her 1st app.

"This book reprints The Walking Dead #19 which contains the first appearance of Michonne".

It's really not that hard.

If you were selling issue #1 of a random Amazing Spider-Man mini-series would you claim that that book was the first appearance of Spider-Man as well? Because, technically, it's the first appearance of Spider-Man within that particular mini-series?

There's problem? :baiting:

The almighty dollar speaks again. It seems the priority is to take advantage of any confusion.

i'll just be sure to put the word reprint in the description. Though i've also had people confused asking if my Weekly was a 2nd printing of the weekly. So you can't really win.

yea you don't...but you're not the typical rabid ebay walking dead fan. what i'm saying is...a REPRINT of the Weekly...meaning a 2nd printing of the reprint. There is the confusion. I'm not sure there are any reprints of the reprint but there are some that think there might be thus the confusion.

yea you don't...but you're not the typical rabid ebay walking dead fan. what i'm saying is...a REPRINT of the Weekly...meaning a 2nd printing of the reprint. Thereis the confusion. I'm not sure there are any reprints of the reprint but there are some that think there might be thus the confusion.

There are no 2nd printings of the Walking Dead Weeklies.

If a seller puts "1st print" in an auction for a Walking Dead Weekly it's ridiculous to pretend that he/she is doing it to "help" the buyer; the only reason for doing so is to try to mislead the buyer into thinking that this is, in fact, not a reprint.