• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got a GREAT Deal!!

124 posts in this topic

Jeezus Christ. How can you not understand what people are telling you? If you don't mention that this issue is a reprint of Walking Dead #19 and reprint of the first appearance of Michonne, you are being deceitful. Don't tell them it's a first print of Walking Dead Weekly #19.

"This book reprints The Walking Dead #19 which contains the first appearance of Michonne".

Just like I think people who say:

INCREDIBLE HULK

# 181

RARE GERMAN

EDITION

1ST

APPEARANCE

OF

WOLVERINE

are misleading buyers. That book is not a German language variant. It's a reprint from '99 that came out in German.

Ebay has set Buyers up as the King of the online selling universe...if you screw them over, more than likely the buyer will get their money back. So why waste your time trying to trick them into buying something non-authentic.

Which is a load of as well :)

The first appearance of Michonne is Walking Dead #19 - that's it.

It's no different than claiming Incredible Hulk and Wolverine #1 from 1996 contains the first appearance of Wolverine seeing that it reprints Hulk 180/181 :screwy:

and the 1st appearance of Michonne in the Walking Dead Weekly is #19...how else are you going to tell people it's her 1st app.

"This book reprints The Walking Dead #19 which contains the first appearance of Michonne".

It's really not that hard.

If you were selling issue #1 of a random Amazing Spider-Man mini-series would you claim that that book was the first appearance of Spider-Man as well? Because, technically, it's the first appearance of Spider-Man within that particular mini-series?

Oh, come on now...everyone knows that Marvel Tales #1 is the first appearance of Spider-Man! DUH!!

Ebay has set Buyers up as the King of the online selling universe...if you screw them over, more than likely the buyer will get their money back. So why waste your time trying to trick them into buying something non-authentic.

You tell us. (shrug)

I am sorry but if an eBay listing for weeklys says clearly in the title The Walking Dead Weekly, and then shows a picture of the correct Walking Dead Weekly then everything else is on the buyer to know what they are buying.

Sorry but a seller doesn't need to hold the buyers hand through the entire process. The buyer is responsible for doing a little research before spending money.

there are some that shouldn't be allowed to bid.

If you do not value your eBay feedback or your seller integrity then list how you like.

Feedback is overrated. :baiting:

Really though if you mislead someone on these weeklys you deserve the headache that you will get. I am not selling any weeklys but if I was my title would be this

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #1 (CONDITION) HOT AMC SHOW!!

Then I would describe again that this is The Walking Dead Weekly #1 along with the condition within the description and finally I would post the dates it came out.

No where would I claim it is an original or even a 1st printing since I don't believe these came out in multiple printings. Now if I was actually selling these and there were multiple printings then I would find out which it was and disclose this clearly.

By putting in multiple places that this is The Walking Dead Weekly and showing clear pictures I would think I am being pretty honest and straightforward with what exactly I am selling. If they ask if this is the original comic I would tell them no it isn't and again point out the release date of the comic.

Is this dishonest of me to list one like this, I don't think so. Now if the bidding got out of hand I would make sure the winner is aware of what this again so I don't go through the headache of shipping and having to get it returned.

It's no different than claiming Incredible Hulk and Wolverine #1 from 1996 contains the first appearance of Wolverine seeing that it reprints Hulk 180/181 :screwy:

and the 1st appearance of Michonne in the Walking Dead Weekly is #19...how else are you going to tell people it's her 1st app.

If you were selling issue #1 of a random Amazing Spider-Man mini-series would you claim that that book was the first appearance of Spider-Man as well? Because, technically, it's the first appearance of Spider-Man within that particular mini-series?

There's problem? :baiting:

The almighty dollar speaks again. It seems the priority is to take advantage of any confusion.

I'm selling a weekly for a friend of mine and decided to list it like this. Open to criticism.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260986748952&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_1185wt_922

There's problem? :baiting:

The almighty dollar speaks again. It seems the priority is to take advantage of any confusion.

I'm selling a weekly for a friend of mine and decided to list it like this. Open to criticism.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260986748952&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT#ht_1185wt_922

Can't say it any better than that!

I am sorry but if an eBay listing for weeklys says clearly in the title The Walking Dead Weekly, and then shows a picture of the correct Walking Dead Weekly then everything else is on the buyer to know what they are buying.

Sorry but a seller doesn't need to hold the buyers hand through the entire process. The buyer is responsible for doing a little research before spending money.

there are some that shouldn't be allowed to bid.

If you do not value your eBay feedback or your seller integrity then list how you like.

Feedback is overrated. :baiting:

Really though if you mislead someone on these weeklys you deserve the headache that you will get. I am not selling any weeklys but if I was my title would be this

THE WALKING DEAD WEEKLY #1 (CONDITION) HOT AMC SHOW!!

Then I would describe again that this is The Walking Dead Weekly #1 along with the condition within the description and finally I would post the dates it came out.

No where would I claim it is an original or even a 1st printing since I don't believe these came out in multiple printings. Now if I was actually selling these and there were multiple printings then I would find out which it was and disclose this clearly.

By putting in multiple places that this is The Walking Dead Weekly and showing clear pictures I would think I am being pretty honest and straightforward with what exactly I am selling. If they ask if this is the original comic I would tell them no it isn't and again point out the release date of the comic.

Is this dishonest of me to list one like this, I don't think so. Now if the bidding got out of hand I would make sure the winner is aware of what this again so I don't go through the headache of shipping and having to get it returned.

why not put that it's not the original comic in the description after each time you state it's a walking dead weekly?

If you have any stores called 'Vintage Stock' in your area, check the boxes for any Walking Dead books.........Yesterday, I got THREE "Walking Dead Weekly #19" in MINT/NM condition for $2.49 each.....!!!

So yes, I spent just over $8 after tax for those, that's a hell of a deal!

Dude, it's like you travelled forward in time 10 years!

(continued) subs..

...subsequently released and whether it's one of those "retailer" incentives, low print runs, variants, autographed, CGC graded, or made of solid gold... it might be worth more than the actual "1st" but it will never be the true "1st" without a qualifer statement ("*").

You mean the description I had to search for and initially missed? I only posted this because you seemed to genuinely not understand what the confusion was. It's pretty self evident.