• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now, Here's a good one for you all! Giant Size Man-Thing #1 1974

36 posts in this topic

Having said all that BS, I would buy it from you if it wasn't chipped, because the title makes me giggle every time I say it out loud.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Good thread! thumbsup2.gif

Now, HE gets it! Great post 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Some of us don't need to buy a comic book to be able to say that we have a Giant Size Man-Thing. sumo.gif

Having said all that BS, I would buy it from you if it wasn't chipped, because the title makes me giggle every time I say it out loud.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Good thread! thumbsup2.gif

Now, HE gets it! Great post 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Some of us don't need to buy a comic book to be able to say that we have a Giant Size Man-Thing. sumo.gif

my Giant Sized Man Thing is slabbed for its protection. It really looks great too. devil.gif

While I was checking out the hubbub over the Dracula w/o the MVS you have for sale on ebay, I an across this one also. Could you explain how in the world you could strictly grade this book at 8.0? I realize your emotionally attached to the book, but that chipping is HUGE, & even without it there are multiple corner problems. If your trying to sharpen your grading skills as you mention earlier, why disregard all the opinions of board members?

Can anyone tell me what caused that wavy right hand side of the front cover?

UV,

That's caused by minute overhang of the right edge of the front cover. laugh.gif

While I was checking out the hubbub over the Dracula w/o the MVS you have for sale on ebay, I an across this one also. Could you explain how in the world you could strictly grade this book at 8.0? I realize your emotionally attached to the book, but that chipping is HUGE, & even without it there are multiple corner problems. If your trying to sharpen your grading skills as you mention earlier, why disregard all the opinions of board members?

I am not trying to sharpen, my grading skills at all, they are quite honed. If you read the entire ad, you will see that: 1) there is full disclosure of every defect; 2) a thorough description; 3) high res scans of both covers; and 4) my opinion as to the grade assigned.

And yes, there is some emotional attachment to my "Giant-Size Man-Thing"! laugh.gif

thanks for your comments.

Admittedly Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Off! hi.gif

But, honest about the book. tonofbricks.gif

I just looked at his auctions... he has it listed as a 6.0, not 8.0...

Description (revised)