• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New look Metropolis

42 posts in this topic

I "made an offer" at 4% lower than their asking price on one book . They responded quickly, but unfortunately my offer was declined. frown.gif

I don't think that they will accept any offers to be honest frown.gif

I think this "make an offer" feature will backfire unless Metro makes it perfectly clear which books they're accepting offers on. But that move could backfire as well, as it devalues the item in question.

Best they drop the feature and just have a special offer section.

They should've done it like Heritage does. You can click make an offer and it shows you a price range that the offer can be at. Therefore they don't get offers for half the price, etc.

Brian

People should expect a tremendous amount of change in the Metropolis website over the coming year. Many suggested changes are being implemented. Somes of these changes will be startling.

We aways appreciate reasonable offers. It is important to note that we have 30,000 discounted books on our website. So when someone makes a statement that includes "their asking price was," it important to also ask if this book had been discounted to begin with.

Hello Gentleman-

I am sorry some of you are finding the new make an offer feature a bit frustrating. However I have been doing a lot of deals with customers after they make offers- actually on a daily basis and I consider this a big success for us. I am imagining the offer that was rejected at a 4% discount is a comic that we really don't want to discount. The make an offer button should not be posted for that book and we are working on programming a way to edit out books we will not discount.

Have any foreign buyers used the currency converter? Do you like it?

Thanks again for the feedback.

Sincerely,

Vincent

>>>> maybe they are still tweaking it

I've been disappointed in it so far.

I made an offer through their system about a week ago, and have heard

nothing back. Which is a little irritating.

IMO, they need to respond to ALL offers, even if it's "no thanks."

Does no response mean "no" or does it mean we're thinking about it, or what?

gozer

---------------------------

Ladies and Gentleman, I've been to Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq;

and I can say without hyperbole that this is a million times worse than

all of them put together.

Not sure what happened here but all offers are responded to (unless you offer $10.00 for a Detective 27). If you would be so kind emai lEd directly at orders@metropoliscomics.com and ask him if he got your email. Or if you would like to call me toll free late afternoon Monday at 800-229-6387 I would be glad to look into it myself.

Vincent

somehow I get the feeling its Metro that has to get used to"offers" on books at below their sticker prices. They never were very receptive in person before, I have some difficulty they like ANY lower offers at all.

I have been wheeling and dealing in comics for over 15 years now including selling comics on the streets of Manhattan so I am very used to hearing offers. Once again I have been selling a lot of books through this new feature and hope you can find a way to make it work for you too. Please keep in mind that I have over 30,000 discounted comics in stock. They are discounted anywhere from 5%-50%.

Thanks,

Vincent

I get the feeling that whatever vendor they're using to outsource their "buy on-line" functionality has a canned "make an offer" function. I highly doubt that Metro wants it or will utilize it.

Partially correct- It is a feature given to us by our site host and we will be making modifications in the near future.

I definitely want to utilize this feature. The idea that I would not want something that helps us to sell more books is incorrect.

VZ

>>> Not sure what happened here but all offers are

>>> responded to

Except mine! You're probably part of the vast international conspiracy

devoted to making my life miserable. Admit it -- you're probably the ones

who hid my car keys last week too.

>>> (unless you offer $10.00 for a Detective 27).

I offered $175 for a book priced at $215.

>>> (If you would be so kind emai lEd directly at

>>> orders@metropoliscomics.com and ask him if he got your email

Huh. Been there done that.

I sent email to that address about 2 days ago, asking what

happened ... and ... you guessed it ... no response so far.

I do have a sorta/kinda unusual email address - it uses the "name" top

level domain. Could it be that my email is being rejected by your system?

Or that you see it and think "x@xxx.name can't be a real address" ?

I appreciate that you post to these boards, but so far I seem invisible

to Metropolis comics (and you have some great books).

>>> call me at 800-229-6387

Thanks for the offer - I may take you up on that.

gozer

-------------------------------

Our magazines and roach traps... Gone! All gone!

>>> Not sure what happened here but all offers are

>>> responded to

Except mine! You're probably part of the vast international conspiracy

devoted to making my life miserable. Admit it -- you're probably the ones

who hid my car keys last week too.

>>> (unless you offer $10.00 for a Detective 27).

I offered $175 for a book priced at $215.

>>> (If you would be so kind emai lEd directly at

>>> orders@metropoliscomics.com and ask him if he got your email

Huh. Been there done that.

I sent email to that address about 2 days ago, asking what

happened ... and ... you guessed it ... no response so far.

I do have a sorta/kinda unusual email address - it uses the "name" top

level domain. Could it be that my email is being rejected by your system?

Or that you see it and think "x@xxx.name can't be a real address" ?

I appreciate that you post to these boards, but so far I seem invisible

to Metropolis comics (and you have some great books).

>>> call me at 800-229-6387

Thanks for the offer - I may take you up on that.

gozer

-------------------------------

Our magazines and roach traps... Gone! All gone!

PLease do call tomorrow late afternoon (after 4pm) as I have the radio show. The only other problem I can imagine is that when we are responding to you it is getting lost in your spam blocking trash bin or that your internet provider is blocking us. If you don't want to call email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com and include your tele # and I will call you- I would also like to know which book you made an offer on-perhaps I can make something happen or explain why it was rejected.

Have any foreign buyers used the currency converter? Do you like it?

It doesn't work for me frown.gif

I tested this yesterday and it worked - can you tell me what you entered and what the response was? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

It wasn't working a couple of days ago, but it is absolutely fine now thumbsup2.gif

Let's try some positive feedback. I enjoy that scans of certain books for sale (rather than stock images) are now available on the Metropolis website, and encourage still further expansion of this feature. After placing an offer, I received a response in less than 24 hours (it was declined, and was told no offers for the book are being considered at this time). I hope only books with genuine play in sticker price are listed with the "make an offer" feature. I enjoy the ease of finding titles and restricting searches to particular grade ranges.

Keep it up!

Let's try some positive feedback. I enjoy that scans of certain books for sale (rather than stock images) are now available on the Metropolis website, and encourage still further expansion of this feature. After placing an offer, I received a response in less than 24 hours (it was declined, and was told no offers for the book are being considered at this time). I hope only books with genuine play in sticker price are listed with the "make an offer" feature. I enjoy the ease of finding titles and restricting searches to particular grade ranges.

Keep it up!

Thanks very much. Each and everyday I am doing deals because of this feature thanks for the inquiries. This feature has some cookie cutter qualities I am working on and will let you all know when we have them fixed.

VZ

Two questions:

1) Can forum members request scans of ungraded books for less than $500 (say maybe in the $300-499 range)? I know that it's a pain in the butt to scan books, but it's also a pain in the butt (and the pocketbook) to have to return books.

2) If we use, Make an Offer on ungraded books, can we still return them if we feel they are overgraded?

Thanks

Currently you can only put in a offer on books with scans (by clicking on the scan). Is it going to be changed so that you can put in offers on books with no scans? There are a few books that you guys have had in stock awhile that I would like to put in offers on. This is a awesome feature. It's something I have always like about comic link, and am glad to see you guys working with it.

Two questions:

1) Can forum members request scans of ungraded books for less than $500 (say maybe in the $300-499 range)? I know that it's a pain in the butt to scan books, but it's also a pain in the butt (and the pocketbook) to have to return books.

If you are certain you will pay the price the book is marked at if you like it and it is only one or two books no problem. Often we have people asking for scans and then offer 1/2 our listed price- a truly big waste of time.

2) If we use, Make an Offer on ungraded books, can we still return them if we feel they are overgraded?

Our return policy would be in effect.

http://www.metropoliscomics.com/terms.html#return

Thanks for the questions-

Vincent

Currently you can only put in a offer on books with scans (by clicking on the scan). Is it going to be changed so that you can put in offers on books with no scans? There are a few books that you guys have had in stock awhile that I would like to put in offers on. This is a awesome feature. It's something I have always like about comic link, and am glad to see you guys working with it.

Why don't you just email me the list of books you want and your offers - vincentz@metropolisent.com