• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suggestions for a Quick Tim Sale sketch? (or just post your Sale quick sketches!

36 posts in this topic

Tim just confirmed for Dragon*con in August, and while I'd love the drop the $250 for a fast pass full sketch, I doubt I'll have the coin for it. So I figured go with the classic Tim Sale quick sketch on a Blank cover, but much like the cover I'm blanking on a subject...

I dont think a quick sketch of a Green Lantern (my main sketchbook subject) would be a homerun...

My more recent subject matter is Bat Girl, which he could kill, but I havent seen any samples of it (at least not any quick sketches).

All the usuals (Superman, Batman, Spidey, Dare Devil, Hulk) seem done...

I just cant think of anything new, so here I am... anyone have any cool ideas?

Or you could just post your Sale quick sketches for inspiration...

Here's one of mine. Pretty simple, but simply cool!

2rcxzco.jpg

2rcxzco.jpg

thats the exact one I was thinking of getting...

Copy cat! lol

If you want something a little more special, try a Batman villain, Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy all pretty good.

If you want something a little more special, try a Batman villain, Joker, Penguin, Poison Ivy all pretty good.

Yeah I like his Mad Hatter a lot...

wonder if he'd done any Star Wars quick sketches... think he'd do a nice Fett or Vader...

2rcxzco.jpg

Is this considered a quick sketch?

I was under the impression that it would be a fast past (this is why I never wanted Spidey from Sale)

2rcxzco.jpg

That's awesome. Seems a little more detailed than the others. Like somewhere between quick and regular. Maybe he had just drank a Red Bull when you stepped up in line.

No... Baccus has some nice examples. But they aren't cheap.

What's a rough figure? Or, I guess my question is, what is his usual cost for a Fast Pass sketch? Also, how many Fast Passes does he dole out per show? I don't have much hope I'll be one of the recipients in Boston.

What's a rough figure? Or, I guess my question is, what is his usual cost for a Fast Pass sketch? Also, how many Fast Passes does he dole out per show? I don't have much hope I'll be one of the recipients in Boston.

My first Tim Sale fast pass was 175...then he went to 200. Last Year' at NYC he was 300, this years Megacon 250.

Tim and his rep usually decide on how many they want to do. Most of the Cons I have been to it is 8-10 a day with the last day of the show being 5. Pretty much depends on the show to be honest. Get to his table early and ask his rep when he will be taking requests. He usually likes to wait and not fill up immediately as the show opens.

I will post some of mine when I get home if that helps.

My first Tim Sale fast pass was 175...then he went to 200. Last Year' at NYC he was 300, this years Megacon 250.

Tim and his rep usually decide on how many they want to do. Most of the Cons I have been to it is 8-10 a day with the last day of the show being 5. Pretty much depends on the show to be honest. Get to his table early and ask his rep when he will be taking requests. He usually likes to wait and not fill up immediately as the show opens.

I will post some of mine when I get home if that helps.

That's good news. There's no way I'll be at the show right when the gates open.

Post what you got. I love Sale so I'm always interested to check them out.