• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM X-men #94

31 posts in this topic

Hey guys I just got this issue today at a estate sale for $2. Im definatly thinking of sending it to get graded but I wanted to know what you all think it is.I thought at least 7.5 but I'm not good at grading.

ev8f11.jpg

2zqaszc.jpg

theres a very light pencil mark on the back cover that says something like 5-33 and on the front cover theres a slight small brown thing on storm and the same thing near nightcrawlers foot. its up from the comic so if i wanted to i could probly scratch it off with my fingernails but i wouldnt even attemt that out of fear of further damage. other then that no creases or tears. thanks ahead of time for your help!

the back scan is cut off badly but based on the front, I think 7.5 is reasonable if the back cover's corners aren't creased since the scan cuts off that left side and the white is blinding.

the back scan is cut off badly but based on the front, I think 7.5 is reasonable if the back cover's corners aren't creased since the scan cuts off that left side and the white is blinding.

Great Deal +1

I saw the sale online a few days before it happened and saw the seller said 3000+ comics so I knew I needed to check it out. Im an X-men collector so i was only looking for x-men really while keeping an eye out for any other key issues i recognized. I just happened to come across the one and only x-men book there and new it was in great condition which was weird because all the others were kinda VG condition and they wanted $2 for any comic. I doubt they even looked through to see if there was anything in there. It was bagged but not borded so i took care of it when i got home. unless someone found something before me i dont think there was anything else in there worth the $2. there were a few shop owners in there complaining there was nothing but 50 cent comics they could find at a flea market and said they were wasting time so i think i got the only gem. but thanks everyone for helping.

ALSO side note whats a 7.5-8.0 worth after its graded. i looked on comicspriceguide.com and it has it up at like somewhere between $700-$1000 and that seems high.

got this back about a month ago and was kinda angry. it came back a 6.0... can anybody see anything maybe I or someone else coulda missed? this book is WAY too nice to be a 6.0.

i missed it the first time around but what is that around Storm's boobs? is that a tear? or what is it? also flaws on the interior can ding a book hard but without notes, there is no way to tell.

also the back cover, in the black areas, there are some specs of whites...what are those? could this book had water damage? many possible things...now that I look at it closer, 6.0 might be the right grade.

its not a tear its like a small brown smear. its kinda like a small peice of dirt on the cover that i didnt want to risk scratching off and ripping the cover. and the back i checked befor it was encaped and there wasnt any water damage im not sure what the white is from. and from what i seen there was no markings or writing or tears on the inside. i was really disappointed though. all of my books i sent in were either higher then expected or at least dead on. this was the one i was most excited about and it was like a gutted feeling.

I think this is one of those cases of technical grade vs appearance grade. It certainly presents better than a 6, but with those staple areas, the rest of the spine, the smudges on the FC, the left FC, and the back cover color loss along with any interior damage 6.0 seems right.

got this back about a month ago and was kinda angry. it came back a 6.0... can anybody see anything maybe I or someone else coulda missed? this book is WAY too nice to be a 6.0.

I'd purchase the grader's notes. That will give the full disclosure on what dinged the grade.

My guess is that there is a little more going on at that crease at the lower tine of the lower staple. ;)