• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TWIN CITIES SPRINGCON 2012 MAY 19-20 MIDWEST COMIC BOOK ASSOCIATION

55 posts in this topic

This is the big one. Who knows how many great vintage comics, magazines, toys, cards, records, books, paperbacks, etc. you will find?

A cornucopia of pulp culture coolness will be available to dazzle you once again this year. Come find what you know you did and didn't desperately need.

MN State Fairgrounds - In The Grandstand

1265 Snelling Ave N

St. Paul MN 55108

Guest and dealer information will follow as it becomes available, but as always there will be a tremendous variety of items from solid local and national dealers and fun guests from all eras.

Miss it at your peril!!!

http://midwestcomicbook.com/

I am really hoping for new additions to what I will assume is the same guest list as the past few years, with 2-3 new additions yearly.

I am hoping this show will continue to add 'working' artists vs hundreds of unknowns.

Love the show, but again, hoping for a change!~

I am really hoping for new additions to what I will assume is the same guest list as the past few years, with 2-3 new additions yearly.

I am hoping this show will continue to add 'working' artists vs hundreds of unknowns.

Love the show, but again, hoping for a change!~

Valid points. Please stop by my tables, if you choose to attend.

Actually, that's true for anyone attending the show. I would enjoy putting more faces and names together. Plus, if I have anything that interests you, let me give you a deal. My goal is to bring home nothing but happy memories. :cloud9:

More information available.

Location detail: http://midwestcomicbook.com/?page_id=2

Current Guest list: http://midwestcomicbook.com/?page_id=13

A few highlights are -> Allen Bellman, Jose Delbo, Dan Jurgens, Bob McLeod, Angel Medina, Don Rosa and Bill Willingham

Plus many others, check out the link. I'm told there will be more additions.

Current Dealers List: http://midwestcomicbook.com/?page_id=380

A couple highlights are Graham Crackers and John Hauser - plus many more, including yours truly.

Once again, there will be additions.

Doug Mahnke will be attending both days. He called and confirmed with me last night...

Thank you - I see that they have updated the list and Doug's name is now included. :applause:

I have been asked if there will be any fresh collections at the show like last year. I'm not sure about all of the other dealers just yet, but I remember last year there were several new collections on hand that created loads of interest and excitement.

What I do know is that I will be bringing several hundred more of my original childhood collection once again. None of these books have been available for sale since I bought them in the late 60's- early 70's. The group that I brought last year sold extremely well - this included a Silver Surfer 1 and a Conan 1. Most of these books range from Fine to Very Fine. Some are better.

This is of course only part of what I'll bring. There will be many more comics(GA, SA, Bronze, Copper and a few modern), toys, magazines, paperbacks, hardcover books, records, cards and much more.

I'll list what I plan on bringing as I go through the boxes.

For sure Captain America 100-215 about 75 issues in that range will be available for the first time.

More to come...

will CGC and/or friends make an appearance there?

Just 2 weeks and 3 days away. A couple more artists I didn't note the first time around have been added as well as additional activities for both days of the Con.

Just went through my childhood Avengers stack of books from #2-200 or so, at least 150 or more books that have never been for sale before.

For those of you interested in items from the 80's there is a sharp looking group of Watchman, V for Vendetta, Teen Titans, Swamp Things, Miller Daredevils + much more --> almost all $1.00 each.

Loads of unopened action figures - most between $1.00 - $3.00

Promo cards and special inserts, unopened packs 50 cents to $1.00

Paperbacks and Hardcovers (some signed) - will list a few individual books later.

More to come....

I'm hoping I can get that sketch for me this time lol

Last year another boardie that didn't attend the show had someone take the only spot so I was left out...

Slightly irritating as I drive all the way there...

Ugh...