• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TWIN CITIES SPRINGCON 2012 MAY 19-20 MIDWEST COMIC BOOK ASSOCIATION

55 posts in this topic

I'm not sure where I'll be just yet. I'll have a couple of tables with a display board behind and loads of stuff behind the tables. There is a grid that will be available near the entrance that will show where everyone is at, but I don't think the final layout is completed.

Did you decide to volunteer? If so, you should be able to get in on Friday during set up.

Stay tuned...

I've never been to this before but I think I am going to check it out this year - I've only recently started paying more attention to the collecting side of comics (was only a reader before). I'm excited. I had no idea Dan Jurgens was going to be there - he is the artist/writer that pulled me into comics with the Death of Superman series!

Is there info on the times/locations for the guests yet?

I've never been to this before but I think I am going to check it out this year - I've only recently started paying more attention to the collecting side of comics (was only a reader before). I'm excited. I had no idea Dan Jurgens was going to be there - he is the artist/writer that pulled me into comics with the Death of Superman series!

Is there info on the times/locations for the guests yet?

In the past, all of the guests are on the main floor of the grandstand with the dealers. Last year I had a dealer to the left of me and a guest to my right. Most of the guests were there for both days. You should be able to find out most everything you'll need to know by clicking on the link below and navigating around the main page to find out more information concerning the guests and other activities.

http://midwestcomicbook.com/

By the way, I just noticed Pablo Marcos of Tales of the Zombie and Conan the Barbarian fame will be a guest as well.

I'm thinking I might show up as well. I'm just getting back into comic books after a hiatus and haven't been to a comic convention for near 20 years. I look at the guest list and don't really recognize any names. But seeing all the comics will be fun.

You will find comics and so very much more. Just take your time and walk the floor a bit and I'm sure that you will find plenty of things that interest you. (thumbs u

No volunteering from me this year. Life got in the way. I will only be there for a few hours in the morning on Saturday. I'll stop by and say hello!

I am really hoping for new additions to what I will assume is the same guest list as the past few years, with 2-3 new additions yearly.

I am hoping this show will continue to add 'working' artists vs hundreds of unknowns.

Love the show, but again, hoping for a change!~

Being a Original Art Representative, they may value your feedback more than most.

Contact info:

MNCBA@aol.com

www.midwestcomicbook.com

612-237-1801

or contact Nick Post at the show

Is anyone taking subs at this show? Couldn't find any post confirming it either way?

I haven't heard of anyone involved with this at the show (shrug)