• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TWIN CITIES SPRINGCON 2012 MAY 19-20 MIDWEST COMIC BOOK ASSOCIATION

55 posts in this topic

They didn't give us numbers really, I guess they never do. You will find me, just ask at the front entrance where Dave Z's tables are at.

Lots of action already this evening - topnotchman, John Hauser and several more kind dealers made the early sales almost as hot as the outdoor temps. It was nice inside however.

Hope to see more boardies tomorrow.

Oh bummer - Dave, I didn't see your post about how to find you and wasn't able to easily identify you yesterday to say hi. Maybe you saw me though - I walked around as Batman for a couple hours on Saturday around noon:

Photobucket

What a great event - I sure had a lot of fun - will definitely be back next year!

My daughter and I were there for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. It was really hot in the grandstand. We walked all the aisles, and popped into most of the booths but I didn't rummage through more than a couple of longboxes. I just wasn't feeling up to it.

I didn't pick up much overall, and most of my money went to Don Rosa for some of his cool prints. I also got him to sign a couple of my custom hardcover books of Uncle Scrooge and Walt Disney's Comics and Stories.

dzminn, I know your booth was along the back wall. We hit that area last when we were fairly tired. I looked for some sort of dealer sign with your name, but I didn't notice one. Then again, most of the dealers didn't really have any identifying marks.

I remember you, your costume was great. Sunday was by far the better day to pick to be dressed like that. The near 90 degree temps with high dewpoints made it "hotter than July" in the grandstand on Saturday.

Hopefully we will meet at FallCon on October 6.

I'm sorry I missed you as well. You are right, it was rather uncomfortable, in the afternoon especially. Sunday's weather was an amazing change however as temps dropped about 20 degrees with the rain overnight. I'm glad you had a chance to meet Don Rosa and I certainly hope your daughter had fun. Hopefully I'll see you in October at FallCon.