• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Sweet 16

85 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome to the March Madness Grading Tournament SWEET 16. :acclaim::news:

Congratulations to those who have advanced to the prestigious SWEET 16 :acclaim:(worship) . The whole western side of the bracket appears to be up for grabs as the top six teams have been knocked out of the Tournament. In the SE, Zuckuss2003 and Pirate will be squaring off and to the winner will go official Cinderella status. :o Ark remains the lone #1 seed in the SE.

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

3. Due date for grades is Monday at 11:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

6. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grade assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points

.2 off= 18 points

.5 or closer= 15 points

.7 or closer= 10 points

1 or closer = 7 points.

1.2 or closer= 5 points.

1.5 or closer= 2 points

2 or closer = 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good luck to all :wishluck:

Fantastic Four #95 OW-W

Notes: Mark in the blue area of the upper left BC is a scratch on the CGC case

FF095OWWfNL.jpg

FF095OWWbNL.jpg

Fantastic Four #114 OW-W

Notes: What appears to be a crease at the Upper Right FC corner is not. It is a scan reflection. Also, there is not a piece missing from the same corner. There is a 1" barely perceptable very slight NCB diagonal crease over the the 'c' in fantastic... Not visible in the scan.

FF114OWWfNL.jpg

FF114OWWbNL.jpg

Giant Size Defenders #5 W

Notes: The brown Mark on the Lower Center BC is a piece of debris inside the CGC case. doh!

GSdef5WfNL.jpg

GSdef5WbNL.jpg

Tales of Suspense #78 OW-W

Notes: What appears to be moisture on the upper FC is actually scan reflections from the inner well...no moisture problems with this book.

TOS78OWWfNL.jpg

TOS78OWWbNL.jpg

Note the ammendment to my comments on the FF 114. There is not a piece missing from the URFC corner.

More notes on the FF114: The curved mark at the 'a' in Fantastic is not there. It is scan dust. I'll reload the scan.

There is a 1" barely perceptable very slight NCB diagonal crease over the the 'c' in fantastic... Not visible in the scan.

Ha, I'm up against porky, a slacker with a measly 15-4 record. My record is a much more impressive 16-4. It'll be like a baby taking candy from a very slightly smaller baby. :baiting:

this is a tough round. :ohnoez:

i wrote down my first impressions, but i'm gonna think about 'em til tomorrow.