• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted: Key Valiants, CGC 9.8

23 posts in this topic

I'm especially interested in...

Harbinger 1

Magnus 0 (with card)

Magnus 12

Rai 1

Shadowman 1

Solar 10 (1st)

X-O Manowar 1

But might be interested in others...

PM me if you can help we out...

I have the Shadowman 1, Solar 10( first print) and the X-O Manowar 1, but the have not been graded. I am sure the ones i have are 9.8 or more, i only have top notch Valiants in the Shooter era.

I have the Shadowman 1, Solar 10( first print) and the X-O Manowar 1, but the have not been graded. I am sure the ones i have are 9.8 or more, i only have top notch Valiants in the Shooter era.

I have high grade unslabbed copies of all the pre-Unity issues, but was hoping to save time and effort by buying pre-graded issues. Also, as I've never actually submitted to CGC, I'd hate to send off my best issues only to find that they're not as good as I thought...

Maybe I should just make the leap and send the copies I have in.

I just sold some 9.8 Valiants, and they went for a pretty penny, so be prepared to open your wallet:

CGC 9.8 NM/MINT DEATHMATE BLACK GOLD VALIANT COMICS

$177.50 18 Jun-01 18:05

CGC 9.8 NM/MINT RAI #3 VALIANT COMICS CENTERED

$212.50 7 Jun-01 18:10

CGC 9.8 NM/MINT MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #12 VALIANT COMICS

$261.54 12 Jun-01 18:20

CGC 9.8 NM/MINT MAGNUS ROBOT FIGHTER #1 VALIANT COMICS

$202.50

I'd say you are better off trying to pick up multiples of the ones you want raw and submit them yourself, and hope you get a 9.8 back. Then you can sell off the 9.6 and 9.4s to cover your grading fees.

Banjo

By the way, there are only three 9.8 Harbinger 1s out there right now, and only one 9.8 Solar 10, so I doubt you will find them for sale, they are probably in someones collection already. If you do, expect to pay a lot more than the ones I just posted. Harbinger 1s suffered from spine splitting, so many that look ultra-high grade, may not be upon closer inspection. Also, Solar 10 with that black cardstock cover just amplifies even the slightest little imperfection, and it scratched oh so easily.

Banjo

Actually, I just submitted a Solar 10 and Harbinger 1 (via my free express gradings) ... so we'll see how they come back. If they turn out good, I'll submit my X-O and Shadowman...

I've got my fingers crossed.

Thanks

I believe in the long term collectiblity of Valiants, and his BINs are a little, shall we say, aggressive.... 893whatthe.gif

Aggressive BINs... yes. And they are above average...

But they are all below the "high" for past auctions.

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/cgcsalesdate.asp?s=n

http://www.valiantcomics.com/valiant/cgcsales.asp

I doubt if many of these Valiant CGC prices will hold up "long term"...

but most of these books are still below 10 copies on the census at this point,

so it's a combination of wanting the CGC book and not finding a lot of places to get it.

It's still the "dawn of CGC" for Valiant collectors, even though Marvel and DC

are very "CGC experienced" by this point... the kinks will iron out, eventually.

Looks like the crazies who went nuts over the pre-Unity and gold stuff have gone away. Now we can go back to collecting our missing high grades for acceptable prices. thumbsup2.gif

Looks like the crazies who went nuts over the pre-Unity and gold stuff have gone away. Now we can go back to collecting our missing high grades for acceptable prices.

$225 is an acceptable price for an early 90's modern??? 893whatthe.gif

$225 is an acceptable price for an early 90's modern???

I was basing it on the stats Valiantman has been collecting, but I'm sure there will always be crazies here and there. I've been watching an X-O #0 Gold auction being relisted a couple of times with the seller continuing to reduce the starting and BIN prices and still, no takers. While two months ago, the exact same issue sold for $300. Personally, I've been trying to complete my pre-Unity X-O's and with 5 minutes before auction end, the prices had jumped to over $75. In the past couple of weeks, I've been able to win two books at around the $50 mark each. I know some may feel that this price is still way too expensive, but for me, it's a price I can live with to complete my collection.

AAAAAH Valiants. I admit I had been caught up in the Valiant frenzy in the early 90's. These were great books to flip back then and support my silverage addiction. But I did hold onto some of the really rare stuff.

-in terms of reads, the few I had checked out were pretty good even with my marvel bias.

-in terms of investment, well I think thats another story.. at least for the short term, but I think years down from now(and I do mean years) the investment potential in high grade rare issues is very solid. The impact on the modern age of this company, whether good or bad was nonethelss very significant.

No, not $225... I would never pay $225.

(But I did win this.) grin.gif

Time to get my Rai #3 graded. I got a shot at a 9.6 grade, maybe a 9.8.

Well, there's a "catch"...

I only paid $185 because the book was well-centered (top edge).

90% of all Rai 3's are mis-cut. Info-graphic

Prices are probably about 1/2 for the "average mis-cut" books in CGC slabs.

If yours is well-centered... definitely, go for it!

Looks like the crazies who went nuts over the pre-Unity and gold stuff have gone away. Now we can go back to collecting our missing high grades for acceptable prices.

How's $550 sound?

web page