• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF4: Grade it!

26 posts in this topic

I agree with this grade and also due to the fact that Darth's unhappy with it.

8.0 due to rounded corners & fading/sheen juggle.gif

Darth, what are you doing with early SA FF??? Is it yours?

The jig is up as the true owner has responded to this thread. It is not my copy. Hope he doesn't mind my showing it off a bit. I needed some attention tongue.gif It is currently in my possession as I am facilitating an overseas shipment. It is a nice book indeed. A CGC 9.2 ....APPARENT! With slight professional restoration (tear seals, cover and spine reinforced, a little CT, the works)- nevertheless gorgeous copy and I am truly in awe holding it. Reappearance of Submariner after his Golden Age stint pales in comparison to the opportunity to scrutinize the mystery "mark' behind the Thing's head and it doesn't look like a bird or a plane. It really was a Kirby snot! foreheadslap.gif

I've taken it around with me all over the place for the last couple of days. Photo opps, stripper poses with the purple slab and such...I'm maximizing my fun with it until I ship it off to the UK...or will I? devil.gifstooges.gif

IMO, a modern book would not be getting a 9.2 in the same condition 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The jig is up as the true owner has responded to this thread. It is not my copy. Hope he doesn't mind my showing it off a bit. I needed some attention tongue.gif It is currently in my possession as I am facilitating an overseas shipment. It is a nice book indeed. A CGC 9.2 ....APPARENT! With slight professional restoration (tear seals, cover and spine reinforced, a little CT, the works)- nevertheless gorgeous copy and I am truly in awe holding it. Reappearance of Submariner after his Golden Age stint pales in comparison to the opportunity to scrutinize the mystery "mark' behind the Thing's head and it doesn't look like a bird or a plane. It really was a Kirby snot! foreheadslap.gif

I've taken it around with me all over the place for the last couple of days. Photo opps, stripper poses with the purple slab and such...I'm maximizing my fun with it until I ship it off to the UK...or will I? devil.gifstooges.gif

IMO, a modern book would not be getting a 9.2 in the same condition 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So that is what the TOS 39 went towards 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this is a perfect example of why there's a place for restored books!!!! as i've stated before on these boards, this is my favorite comic of all time and one of the very few keys that i never purchased myself (had to go find it later that year in a used bookstore in newark, nj). but, i digress; personally, i'd love to own a beautiful copy of this book, but am not going to shell out the $10K that this would require to purchase if unrestored and slabbed. however, this book may have only sold for around 20-25% of that in this condition making it somewhat affordable. i, for one, would have no problem spending that kind of money and giving such a book a good home. and if you bought it raw, you could even reread it grin.gif

oh, and it's a bird........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

this is a perfect example of why there's a place for restored books!!!! as i've stated before on these boards, this is my favorite comic of all time and one of the very few keys that i never purchased myself (had to go find it later that year in a used bookstore in newark, nj). but, i digress; personally, i'd love to own a beautiful copy of this book, but am not going to shell out the $10K that this would require to purchase if unrestored and slabbed. however, this book may have only sold for around 20-25% of that in this condition making it somewhat affordable. i, for one, would have no problem spending that kind of money and giving such a book a good home. and if you bought it raw, you could even reread it grin.gif

oh, and it's a bird........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

your post makes a lot of sense to me shocked.gif and I'm starting to be a bit more lenient on my position on restoreds on KEY ISSUES THAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE BEYOND MY MEANS; however the place for them is in a CGC slab with a purple label. I can see how easy it would be for anyone to take this book out and sweet talk an unsuspecting newbie who can't detect resto into dropping at least half market value on this by not disclosing restoration, taking money and running.... this apparent 9.2 book has a lot of potential for evil ifit fell into the wrong hands smile.gif