• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 600 Variants

23 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm going to a Stan Lee signing in a few months and I'm thinking about getting Spider-Man 600 signed. I'm just not sure which variant I want to get signed. Just thought I'd get some suggestions from the community here.

I'm trying to decide between the John Romita Sr Variant cover and the Dynamic Forces Alex Ross Variant cover which says it was limited to 3,499 copies.

This is NOT in terms of resale value, as I have no plans to ever sell it. I'm a relatively new collector, only having collected comics sporadically over the years so I missed this issue when it originally came out. I'm planning on having it graded at the event after its signed so which would you choose?

Thanks.

I like the Romita Sr one better but I just don't want to be kicking myself in 10 years when the DF Ross cover is the more coveted one.

Is the "limited to 3,499" thing a big deal?

If it's not about the money, then who cares which one is more coveted in 10 years? The only thing that matters is which one you want to see a sig on more.

Which one do you like best?

yup (then choose a different one, so Stan doesn't ruin your fave with a spider-turd :kidaround: )

Exactly! I would get the least favorite one signed,not like ASM 600 is going to be worth anything.Are you getting it CGC'd? or just leave it raw?

I like the Romita Sr one better but I just don't want to be kicking myself in 10 years when the DF Ross cover is the more coveted one.

If it's not about the money, then who cares which one is more coveted in 10 years? The only thing that matters is which one you want to see a sig on more.

I think part of enjoying something is knowing that there aren't 16 million of them floating around. It doesn't have to be about the money if you desire a rarer version of the others. Sometimes having a harder-to-find variant is part of the thrill of owning it. What fun is owning and bragging about something many people have?

I think part of enjoying something is knowing that there aren't 16 million of them floating around. It doesn't have to be about the money if you desire a rarer version of the others. Sometimes having a harder-to-find variant is part of the thrill of owning it. What fun is owning and bragging about something many people have?

Well, if it's just more fun to have the one with the lower print run signed, then there's the move. Personally, were I so inclined as to get a Stan Lee signature, would pick my favorite comics. Whatever makes them my favorites. When I got a few sigs from Joe Kubert, I included his couple SA Flash covers over early Hawkman appearances, cuz I like the Flash covers more.

Anyway, I'm just saying get the sig on the comic you like best. If you like the rarer one more, then go for it. But I'd try to avoid an attempt to discern what will be most coveted in ten years. That's a different game to play.

Well, if it's just more fun to have the one with the lower print run signed, then there's the move. Personally, were I so inclined as to get a Stan Lee signature, would pick my favorite comics. Whatever makes them my favorites. When I got a few sigs from Joe Kubert, I included his couple SA Flash covers over early Hawkman appearances, cuz I like the Flash covers more.

Anyway, I'm just saying get the sig on the comic you like best. If you like the rarer one more, then go for it. But I'd try to avoid an attempt to discern what will be most coveted in ten years. That's a different game to play.

(thumbs u At least this thread beats talking about F-ing Baseball cards,that horse has beat down to the ground.

(thumbs u At least this thread beats talking about F-ing Baseball cards,that horse has beat down to the ground.

Ugh, I just saw there were 65 new posts in there since my last peek. :sick:

Ugh, I just saw there were 65 new posts in there since my last peek. :sick:

tumblr_lyg4kaVHWo1qjhgo6o1_500.gif

This is NOT in terms of resale value, as I have no plans to ever sell it.

Better sort this out.

Thanks, that's kind of what I was trying to say. I'm a collector so I like to have stuff that's a little more special. Like I said I'm an action figure collector for the most part and sometimes when I choose between two figures I've chosen the one I liked better but 5 years later I kind of wish I chose the other one just because it turned out to be a little rarer down the line.

Maybe it's the conversation piece it turns out to be, I don't know.