• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Artist's Edition do you want?

47 posts in this topic

Hey Scott-

Yes, some of these, unfortunately, can never happen. But you can get scans of complete original Graham Ingels EC stories and covers from Jim Halperin, Rob Pistella, Lars T. and other premier EC collectors, like you did with the Wood and the upcoming Jack Davis. Just sayin' ; )

Steve

-Byrne's X-Men. Any issues. Austin's embellishment deserves that!

-Arrowsmith by Pacheco/Merino. I have 2/3 of the scans of the series at hires, and Merino's inks are awesome! This is just a sample: http://imageshack.us/f/255/pachecoarrowsmith3pg13.jpg/

-Star Wars strips by Al Williamson.

-Sky Masters strips by Kirby/Wood.

-Ultimates by Hitch/Neary.

-NM/Demon Bear saga + #21 by Bill Sienkiewicz.

-MK #22-30 (except #27) by Bill Sienkiewicz.

-Weapon-X by BWS.

-Superman vs Muhammad Ali by Neal Adams/Giordano/Austin.

-Frankenstein by Bernie Wrightson.

-FF by Kirby/Sinnott. Any issues.

-Superman vs Spider-Man by Andru/Adams/Romita/Giordano/Austin/Rubinstein/Wiacek.

I'm aware that mostly of them are impossible to do, but hey, it's my fantasy...

Lots of good suggestions here. Some of these are nearly impossible, unfortunately, but we'll be announcing a few more sometime soon. I think some of them will generate some excitement--I know I'm excited ! ;-)

Best,

Scott

so many to suggest really but how about Barry S. Weapon X?

or Bill S. run of New Mutant's run from #18 to ?

I might be a minority on those 2 nominated above :cry:

Would love to see just about all of the nominees named. This became my favorite format from the first edition (Rocketeer) and the more choices, the better.

These two have been named before, and I believe the art is still together, which makes that part easy, at least:

David Mazzucchelli's BATMAN: YEAR ONE

Walt Simonson's MANHUNTER

Both artists have worked with IDW, so that shouldn't be a problem, either. But would DC cooperate?

Let us know if it would help to get a petition started, Scott.

- Al Williamson and Frank Frazetta EC science-fiction. 

Although... hm this would exclude Frazetta's 'Squeeze Play' solo story, which also deserves the format. 

-  Wally Wood volume 2

That's one I considered. 

Williamson, Frazetta and Wood's EC art is hyper-detailed, so something relatively minimalist would be a very interesting contrast.

My three picks have already been mentioned:

Kirby Kamandi

BWS Weapon X

Kieth Maxx

I would love to see those. And a reprinting of the Rocketeer - since I kick myself daily for not picking one up. :-P

As well as Weapon X by BWS...

Also X-Men 186 and 198, the 'Lifedeath' issues and, of course, 205.  There's a very good chance that the cover art to 198 will look absolutely stunning.  

And throw in the short story featuring The Thing from Marvel Fanfare 15.

Although it's fun to put together a fantasy list, I'd love to see books that have a great shot a being done due to the fact all or most of the interior art is still in one place.

Toth Black Canary

Mazzucchelli Batman

BWS Red Nails

Steranko Captain America

Bring it on!

1) Jim Steranko "Marvel Work - X-Men, Captain America and Nick Fury Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."

2) Frank Miller "Daredevil" (158-184, minus 162 Ditko)

3) Neal Adams "Green Lantern/Green Arrow" (76-89)

4) Barry Windsor Smith "Conan the Barbarian" (1-24)

5) Marshall Rogers/Terry Austin "Detective Comics (Batman)"

6) J. Scott Campbell 'Danger Girl" (1-7)

Ooooh! Steranko Nick Fury would be great!

I'd also love to see a Gene Colan edition - his Iron Man work would be nice, but I'd seriously love to see Howard the Duck.

Kirby FF would be mighty fine, too.

What about an Alex Toth one? Was just thinking about this looking at some Hot Wheels covers, but couldn't come up with a title or issues.

You may like the Mazzucchelli Daredevil volume.   I've pre-ordered that as well. There's some Toth influence there, although more so in Batman Year One.  

What about an Alex Toth one? Was just thinking about this looking at some Hot Wheels covers, but couldn't come up with a title or issues.

You may like the Mazzucchelli Daredevil volume.   I've pre-ordered that as well. There's some Toth influence there, although more so in Batman Year One.  

Yep. I'm going to pick up the signed edition at SDCC, I think.

That's one I considered. 

Williamson, Frazetta and Wood's EC art is hyper-detailed, so something relatively minimalist would be a very interesting contrast.

That would have my vote.

Ditko Spider-Man and Dr. Strange.

Good suggestion.

Something that is much less commercially viable and more wish list...  I can see the black and white wash art he did for Warren's horror magazines being even more impressive.

Ditko Spider-Man and Dr. Strange.

Good suggestion.

Something that is much less commercially viable and more wish list...  I can see the black and white wash art he did for Warren's horror magazines being even more impressive.

Great idea! Ditko Warren :cloud9: