• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is jabba-bill?

37 posts in this topic

My latest rant and rave is relatively new. Obviously there are very few "Jethro Tull" fans and clearly I am showing my age.

I did do a MC Hammer Can't trim this tune but clearly I'm missing the Dance Rap crowd.

Maybe I should do some 50 cent gangster rap comic cover or maybe a NWA tune titled Dealers with Attitude

Obviously there are very few "Jethro Tull" fans and clearly I am showing my age.

Count me among the Tull fans. headbang.gif

Skating Away, Thick as a Brick, Life's a long Song, Minstrel in the Gallery, Driving Song, Living in the Past etc.. are among some of my favorite songs, albums.

Had the pleasure to see him 2 times.

Ze-

Had the pleasure to see him 2 times.

Jethro Tull is a band, not a "him". Unless you are counting the English farmer who died 300 years ago. insane.gif Maybe you are thinking of Ian Anderson?

Sorry, just fell like being an @ss. flowerred.gif I have seen them twice as well. Jethro Tull and ELP was one of my first concerts, saw them when I was like 16. I think me and my friends were the only ones there under 35. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I did do a MC Hammer Can't trim this tune but clearly I'm missing the Dance Rap crowd.

Maybe I should do some 50 cent gangster rap comic cover or maybe a NWA tune titled Dealers with Attitude

If you did, we'd have to say that Rants and Raves has jumped the shark.

Sorry, just fell like being an @ss. flowerred.gif I have seen them twice as well. Jethro Tull and ELP was one of my first concerts, saw them when I was like 16. I think me and my friends were the only ones there under 35. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ouch.. that stick hurts.. poke2.gif stop poking me.

And I gotta admit.. and open myself further to more.. poke2.gif

I was stumped at first..I know of the Electric Light Orchestra, but thought whats an ELP?.. And since the O and P are next to each other on the keyboard I thought perhaps you made a typo.. then I actually spent 37 seconds thinking about it, then stopped, and said ohh yeah..

Emerson Lake and Palmer.. ELP foreheadslap.gif

Ze- hi.gif

ELP.....maybe one of the greatest artsy fartsy rock bands of the 70's, full blown! But I still love throwing on Brain Salad Surgery every once in a while, and the Geiger cover still rocks. BTW....what was your first concert? Mine was Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden @ 1971...other notables included Talking Heads 3x, and the Clash's first N.American concert in NYC. But it's my daughters who keep me up on what's happening now.....but we've worked our way past The Strokes and Dashboard Confessional already.

First concert - Rick Derringer opened for Kansas at the Palladium

Highlights of my concert life

AC/DC opening for Ozzy

Metallica as a opening band with Vandenburg

Black and Blue show with Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult

Motorhead

2nd row seeing Van Halen at the Palladium with David Lee Roth

ELP.....maybe one of the greatest artsy fartsy rock bands of the 70's, full blown! But I still love throwing on Brain Salad Surgery every once in a while, and the Geiger cover still rocks. BTW....what was your first concert? Mine was Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden @ 1971...other notables included Talking Heads 3x, and the Clash's first N.American concert in NYC. But it's my daughters who keep me up on what's happening now.....but we've worked our way past The Strokes and Dashboard Confessional already.

Led Zeppelin as your first show?!? Can't top that. Actually, Plant and Page was one of my first. I saw them, R.E.M and Tom Petty each within a span of a few months when I was 15. I cannot put into words how jealous I am that you saw The Talking Heads and The Clash. Other than the Grateful Dead, those are 2 bands I wish I had seen. London Calling is a true classic. I have been to maybe 50-75 concerts (not bad considering I am only 24) and my highlights include Bob Dylan/Paul Simon a few years back; Midnight Oil in one of their rare US appearances; A.F.I. last year (what an amazing band) and The Who playing the entire Quadrophenia album (my all time favorite record). Some of my dream concerts include The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Smiths and Echo and the Bunnymen.....maybe some day. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

My highlight: Bela Fleck and Tony Trischka at the Down Home about 1 year ago. I was so close to Bela I could have spit on him. (Not that I EVER would.)

It's a banjo thang.

I love Bela Fleck!!!!

Saw him live at Stubbs BBQ in Austin Texas. I arrived early enough to watch him warm-up (4-5 hrs before the show). Positioned myself dead center on the first row with my arms resting on the cables to his wa-wa pedals etc... (stubbs is open air and you stand right against the stage). Spent the whole show about 6 feet away from Bela! Victor Wooten was a show in himself and at one point actually slapped a string off his bass and the roadie attempted to restring it as he played.

My highlight: Bela Fleck and Tony Trischka at the Down Home about 1 year ago. I was so close to Bela I could have spit on him. (Not that I EVER would.)

It's a banjo thang.

I love Bela Fleck!!!!

Saw him live at Stubbs BBQ in Austin Texas. I arrived early enough to watch him warm-up (4-5 hrs before the show). Positioned myself dead center on the first row with my arms resting on the cables to his wa-wa pedals etc... (stubbs is open air and you stand right against the stage). Spent the whole show about 6 feet away from Bela! Victor Wooten was a show in himself and at one point actually slapped a string off his bass and the roadie attempted to restring it as he played.

My copy of Live Art has been played so many times the CD is starting to disintegrate. thumbsup2.gif I listed to Lochs of Dread whenever I am feeling 893censored-thumb.gif.

So that's Hughes! I wondered who that was.

He was in charge of Greg Manning's auctions, right? The ones that went straight into the ground. Then didn't he go to work for Parrino? Bought a bunch of overpriced books that Parrino is still stuck with. Latest I heard he bought a six figure dollar amount of Crowley Fawcetts from Bechara in San Diego. Go figure. Lets see if he makes any $$ on them.

BTW....what was your first concert? Mine was Led Zeppelin at Madison Square Garden @ 1971.

893whatthe.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif Brad, have you picked up the Led Zep live DVDs? Wow, what a band, but they were gone before I was of concert-going age.

My first concert was Santana, 1978, in Washington DC that my then-hippie uncle took me to. My totally square Dad came along too, and the classic moment was when he started sniffing the smoke from the people sitting in front of us and commented that it smelled "strange".

Notable concerts:

U2 at the beginning of the Unforgettable Fire tour, in a 5,000 seat auditorium in DC; by the time summer rolled around and they came back through DC again on the same tour, they had become mega-stars and were playing in football stadiums,

the Clash (Hong Kong 1982)--who knew there so many punks in HK?

and the most notable was the Police in Hong Kong in 1979 or 80 (can't remember), when they were doing their world club tour following the release of Outlandos Damours; nobody even knew who they were (Roxanne was just a small hit at that point) and they played at a disco, in front of maybe 150 people. Who woulda thunk?