• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is jabba-bill?

37 posts in this topic

Anyone know this guy? confused-smiley-013.gif He has been setting some super-high bids on CGC mags and winning just about every high grade SSOC and Savage Tales in sight lately on eBay. He outbid me last night on a SSOC #1 9.4 and I thought I had placed a pretty decent bid. Just curious if there might be any end in sight for some of us peons who's pockets aren't as deep as this dude's.

Anyone know this guy? confused-smiley-013.gif He has been setting some super-high bids on CGC mags and winning just about every high grade SSOC and Savage Tales in sight lately on eBay. He outbid me last night on a SSOC #1 9.4 and I thought I had placed a pretty decent bid. Just curious if there might be any end in sight for some of us peons who's pockets aren't as deep as this dude's.

It seems like these people tend to come and go very fast. They either get there fill of what they wanted or they run out of cash. Just think that you will get the next copy that is available for a cheeper price smile.gif

I think it's short for "Jabba-Bill Gates". tongue.gif

Normally I would agree with you Jgel, but after checking out this guys recent purchases in his feedback, I'm not so sure. He just paid sick money for a 9.8 SSOC #1 within the last couple of weeks and he still feels like he needs to win the 9.4 last night. If I already owned a 9.8, why would I give a [!@#%^&^] about owning a 9.4? Is he trying to corner the market or something? How many SSOC #1's is enough? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I don't want to come across as bitter because I didn't win the auction. I'm really not upset at all. I know another one will come around eventually and I own reader copies anyways. I'm just curious what this guy's motivation might be in owning multiple copies of high grade mags and outbidding everyone on the planet to get them. confused.gif

Normally I would agree with you Jgel, but after checking out this guys recent purchases in his feedback, I'm not so sure. He just paid sick money for a 9.8 SSOC #1 within the last couple of weeks and he still feels like he needs to win the 9.4 last night. If I already owned a 9.8, why would I give a [!@#%^&^] about owning a 9.4? Is he trying to corner the market or something? How many SSOC #1's is enough? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, I don't want to come across as bitter because I didn't win the auction. I'm really not upset at all. I know another one will come around eventually and I own reader copies anyways. I'm just curious what this guy's motivation might be in owning multiple copies of high grade mags and outbidding everyone on the planet to get them. confused.gif

I did not realize that he was buying multiples? Damn that sucks. Now just hope that you find one with a BUY IT NOW at the right price smile.gif

Yeah, I was lucky enough to finally outbid him on a SSOC #1 9.4 a couple weeks ago without paying an arm and a leg. I got it for $187.50. Not sure if he just fell asleep on it or if he finally figured he's got enough copies. Either way I'm happy! cloud9.gif

It seems like these people tend to come and go very fast. They either get there fill of what they wanted or they run out of cash. Just think that you will get the next copy that is available for a cheeper price smile.gif

It is a very good friend of mine. He LOVES Conan stuff!

Yeah I have seen this guy a lot on the Conan stuff (also my personal favorite title). Unfortunately he seems to have more money than I do. Ah well I have a lot of patience.

I'm in the same boat. It's definitely time to concentrate on buying some ungraded copies.

This guy's at it again, with a bunch of eeries and creepys up on ebay right now. This jabba character is either going to clean up huge or have a very rude awakening once the rest of those warren warehouse books get circulated...time will tell, but it's going to be one extreme or another.

Just wanted to chime in real quick: this guy is currently high bidder on a VF (according to Neat Stuff Collectibles, anyway) Famous Monsters #1, at $365 as I type this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=76&item=2284642843&rd=1

Apparently his pockets are still deep, and his tastes run to monster mags as well. (I've got to learn how to type those little emoticon things...)