• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT Poll - What Is Your Favorite James Bond Movie?

What are your favorite James Bond films?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite James Bond films?

49 posts in this topic

I'm a huge fan of the James Bond films (and books) and can even say that they have had a big impact on my life. Was wondering what people's favorite films in the franchise are, so, without further adieu, what are your favorite James Bond films? You may choose up to THREE (3) titles:

...and can even say that they have had a big impact on my life.

893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm pretty sure the Bond films and novels are the root cause of my penchant for exotic locales and exotic women. And especially for wooing exotic women in exotic locales. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif A friend of mine has similar inclinations and also cites the Bond films as a major influence...he says we are both afflicted with the "International Man of Mystery Syndrome". 893whatthe.gif

For the record, I voted for From Russia With Love (my favorite), Goldfinger (perhaps the standard-bearer for the franchise, though I would have liked it better if more of the movie had taken place outside of Kentucky - not exactly one of Bond's better destinations) and For Your Eyes Only (a sentimental favorite as I believe it was the first Bond movie I saw in the theaters and not a bad flick at all to boot). The other Connery films I also enjoyed quite a bit (with the exception of the horrid "Diamonds Are Forever") and I think Moore's "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Octopussy" are two very underrated films.

I think "The Living Daylights" and "GoldenEye" are probably the best of the post-Moore films. And, while I hated "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" when I was younger, I recently viewed it again and appreciated it a lot more - some Fleming purists go as far as to say that it is Bond as Fleming intended. Maybe, maybe not, but I do think that it deserves a second look in any case by those who dismiss it out of hand.

Great choices, and a great idea for a poll.

I chose For Your Eyes Only, Live and Let Die, and Goldeneye.

I think all the Bond films are great, I had to buy the current special edition DVD's.

The only films I wince at are the Timothy Dalton ones, what a poor choice he was. The action and stunts were good, but his acting was really bad.

I heard that Brosnan may not do more Bond films. Any one else heard this?

I read that Brosnan will probably do one more picture. Then the search for a new Bond begins.

It's a shame that Brosnan couldn't get out of his Remington Steele contract and replaced Roger Moore back in the 80s. His Bond films have re-energized the franchise and I thought Die Another Day was the best Bond movie in decades. Sad to see he already getting too old for the part (at least that's the impression he's giving on why only one more film).

Jim

I also heard they may be looking at Jude Law as a replacement, but then again it could all be Hollywood rumors.

Oh god, please do not let it be Jude Law! I'm tired of the studios casting wimpy, quasi-androgynous, underage pretty boys for action hero roles that require an actor with a more substantial screen presence (Matt Damon as Jason Bourne is one casting decision that comes to mind off the top of my head). 893frustrated.gif

I'll be sad to see Brosnan go...can't say he's my favorite Bond, but he has been a very credible, believable Bond and has done well to restore some lustre back to the franchise. thumbsup2.gif

I agree that Jude Law right now does not have the physical presence to be a James Bond. The problem becomes what other well known "British" actors could portray James well? Rowan Atkinson? J.K. 27_laughing.gif

Best Bond Line:

Bond: (laying on a table with a lazer about to cut his family jewels in half) "You expect me to talk?"

Evil Villian: (with a slight evil smirk) "No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Best Song: For Your Eyes Only (Sheena Easton! thumbsup2.gif)

I also heard they may be looking at Jude Law as a replacement, but then again it could all be Hollywood rumors.

i heard they want orlando bloom gossip.gif

waaaayyyy tooo young. Although I like Bloom as an actor, I doubt if he could pull it off.

Tomorrow Never Dies was awesome! The best film in the last 20 years at least. Michelle Yao(sp?) was a great sidekick (a lot better than Halle Berry) and a great CURRENT story about computers and tabloid journalism.

I guess the question becomes, can he carry movie by himself? His only real lead role would be Pirates, and even then I think Johnny Depp was the draw.

waaaayyyy tooo young. Although I like Bloom as an actor, I doubt if he could pull it off.

Bloom is another of the wimpy, quasi-androgynous, underage pretty boys I was talking about. NFW to him as James Bond, man, NFW! 893naughty-thumb.gif That choice would pi$$ me off even more than "Judith" Law. James Bond needs to be a "man's man" as well as a ladies' man.

I would not be opposed to them casting a relative unknown, like Connery or Lazenby were at the time, than making a catastrophic error with the likes of Law or Bloom.

then girls love bloom, even brad pitt admitted that bloom is better looking than he is. he said while filming Troy, the girls pushed him aside to get to bloom. blush.gif

James Bond is the closest thing to a role model that I have - he can't be played by an actor who's @$$ I can easily kick. He needs to be someone who guys can respect for being both a lover and a fighter. Bloom is no fighter. I'd much rather see Brad Pitt fake an awful British accent than see Bloom as Bond. blush.gif

Just say no to "Metrosexual Bond" or "Ambiguously Gay Bond". "What is everybody looking at?" confused-smiley-013.gif27_laughing.gif

Bloom is another of the wimpy, quasi-androgynous, underage pretty boys I was talking about. NFW to him as James Bond, man, NFW! 893naughty-thumb.gif That choice would pi$$ me off even more than "Judith" Law. James Bond needs to be a "man's man" as well as a ladies' man.

I would not be opposed to them casting a relative unknown, like Connery or Lazenby were at the time, than making a catastrophic error with the likes of Law or Bloom.

rings2.jpg

27_laughing.gif

Most of the actors in hollywood right now are such sissies. It's no wonder that a mediocre actor like Vin Diesel has managed to hit the big time as an action hero. It's also no wonder that, later this month, a reality show called "The next Action Star" is premiering. The business is lacking some serious muscle.