• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

5th Annual March Madness Grading Tournament Final Four and Finals

135 posts in this topic

:news::acclaim:Welcome to the March Madness Grading Tournament FINALS. :acclaim::news:

Congratulations to the fianl two teams. :acclaim:(worship) . This year we have the #1 seed in the east facing #14 seed team Jeffreykli and their improbable run in the west to the Finals. Good luck to both teams. :wishluck:

Rules for this round:

1. Two books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM. The scores will be tabulated to arrive at a halftime score. I will then post the final two books.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

3. Due date for first half grades is Monday at 11:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. Due date for second half grades will be determined after haltime. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

6. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grade assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points

.2 off= 18 points

.5 or closer= 15 points

.7 or closer= 10 points

1 or closer = 7 points.

1.2 or closer= 5 points.

1.5 or closer= 2 points

2 or closer = 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and is the champion of the UNIVERSE! There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good luck to all :wishluck:

Amazing Spider-Man #2 OW Pages

Note: The scuff near the Vulture's right hand and on his right wing is the same scanner glass blemish on both books and should be ignored. These are not flaws on the book.

The transverse flaw on the BC goes through the paper 2/3" length.

ASM02OWFNL.jpg

ASM02OWBNL.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #15 OW Pages

Note: The scuff near spidey's right hand pinky is on the Scanner glass not on the book.

ASM015OWFNL.jpg

ASM015OWBNL.jpg

:

These look like a couple of interesting choices!!

Good Luck guys... :wishluck

I agree - excellent picks Tom! :applause: It's a heavyweight fight!

Shake hands, and go to your respective corners . . . :grin:

I ammended the notes on the two books, The scuff near the Vulture's right hand and on his right wing is the same scanner glass blemish on both books and should be ignored. These are not flaws on the book. :pullhair:

Also, questions were posed about the printing near the word "KRAVEN" on the ASM 15. The paper is in excellent shape, the issue there is with the ink. There is not a stain on the ULFC corner.

The flag/ pennant is a work in progress. (shrug)

MMBanner.jpg

Both Toro and Jeff are previous champions in Nik's contest - for one of them this will be yet another banner to hang from their field house rafters . . . lol:insane: