• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Modern Marvel Reader

481 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #2 – nothing special.

Hawkeye #17 – a strange and pointless issue.

Iron Man #22 & #23 – just when I thought this book couldn’t get any worse, it does.

Loki Agent of Asgard #1 – excellent.

Magneto #1 – promising.

Mighty Avengers #8 – OK.

Moon Knight #1 – superb.

Ms Marvel #2 – an interesting premise but with some awkward art.

Ms Marvel Infinite #1 – somewhat poor. And I still don’t like the art.

New Avengers #15 – I like the way Marvel match up terrible writing with terrible art.

New Warriors #2 – interesting.

Nova #14 & #15 – tedious.

She Hulk #2 – I Like this book. And it has Hellcat in it.

Superior Spiderman #29 – an excellent read but I really wish that somebody would truly kill off Norman Osborn.

Superior Spiderman Annual #2 – excellent.

The Punisher #3 – pretty good.

Superior Foes of Spiderman #9 & #10 – best issues so far.

Thor God of Thunder #20 – pretty good.

Thunderbolts #23 – pointless. And a naked Deadpool.

Uncanny X-Men #18 & #19 – enjoyable.

Winter Soldier the Bitter March #2 – pretty good.

Wolverine #3 – terrible.

All New Ghost Rider #1 – clichéd writing and awkward art.

All New X-Factor #5 – an excellent book.

Avengers #27 – an improvement.

Guardians of the Galaxy #13 – pretty good.

Hawkeye #18 – still good.

Indestructible Hulk #20 – dull.

New Avengers #16 – it goes all DC and is still terribly ponderous.

Savage Wolverine #16 – the grapes of wrath.

Silver Surfer #1 – intriguing.

Superior Spiderman #30 – the return of Peter Parker.

Superior Spiderman Team Up #11 – sinister, but good.

Uncanny avengers #18 – back to being rubbish.

I drink the Deadpool Kool-Aid. I am looking forward to the Ebay activity on Deadpool issue #27 (Deadpool's wedding).

The Deadpool 27 covers are:

Regular cover

1:15 Super squad variant

1:50 Art Adams Anniversary Variant

1:50 Brooks Variant

1:75 Waite Taco Time Variant

My guess (I am no expert)

1:50 prints. At your LCS, $40 is a good price. I expect the price to settle at $55 (NM+ -- second hand market -- one month from now).

1:75 print. At your LCS, $60 is a good price. I expect the price to settle at $120 (NM+ -- second hand market -- one month from now).

I am a novice (not an expert). I look forward to hearing any other predictions, ESPECIALLY since the Ebay BIT prices are much greater than my second hand predictions above.

Dude, you are in the wrong thread. This is just about the only place on the Modern forum where we talk about a book's content rather than speculator value. May I politely request that we keep it that way? :foryou:

Anybody read the new Iron Fist book? I'm curios if it's any good.

She-Hulk and Moon Knight sound like something I should be reading...same with the new Punisher book. Does anybody have an opinion these? I usually trade-wait on Marvel books, but might have to add to my pull.

I read the first three Punisher issues. They were fairly lackluster IMO, so I dropped it. Just the same old same old. It feels like it wants to capture some of the Hawkeye feel, or maybe that's just me. Either way, it doesn't come together for me.

Bumping this because that Daredevil 1.5 , 50th anniversary edition was freaking awesome! :golfclap:

Kudos to everyone involved, thought it blew away any other marvel title I read today lol

Dangit! My LCS was sold out of this when I got there. I'm hoping they'll get more in next week like they did with #1.

Bumping this because that Daredevil 1.5 , 50th anniversary edition was freaking awesome! :golfclap:

Kudos to everyone involved, thought it blew away any other marvel title I read today lol

Dangit! My LCS was sold out of this when I got there. I'm hoping they'll get more in next week like they did with #1.

It's worth getting if youre a DD fan, 3 fun stories in one issue with a ton of great nostalgic references. I like the story that looks at Matt's future, pretty entertaining.

It's worth getting if youre a DD fan, 3 fun stories in one issue with a ton of great nostalgic references. I like the story that looks at Matt's future, pretty entertaining.

Picked up 1.5 last week based off of your recommendation and I'm glad I did. Thank you. I've been out of comics for a looooong while, was the news about his wife long revealed? It kind of shocked me lol

Picked up 1.5 last week based off of your recommendation and I'm glad I did. Thank you. I've been out of comics for a looooong while, was the news about his wife long revealed? It kind of shocked me lol

Milla? She was a product of the Bendis run, I believe...someone will correct me if im wrong lol I'd have to reread 1.5, now that I think about it they may not have been referring to her. I think the futuristic stories in 1.5 were designed to tease the reader quite a bit...the question is what is a tease and what is not hm