• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Modern Marvel Reader

481 posts in this topic

I wonder if they even bothered to explain why Angar is alive again. I think they can't be arsed to think of an explanation usually, these days.

Good point.

From where that panel is taken? I just love the Headmen: Steve Gerber’s genius' at his peak. Dr. Bong… OK, classic Howard villain but the Headmen are a stroke of genius and it’s not "Gorilla Man": they all went by the real names.

Rescued from page 22. I read the new Drax comic and it was the funniest thing I've read since Todd the Ugliest Kid. Completely different and better than what was expected....

Where is Comicopolis with the wide updates of all things Marvel ? :)

I gave up reading modern comics.

Grown men shouldn't be wasting their time on such things. :whistle:

And kids as well. Especially kids.

Actually I would have liked to follow a few Marvel titles, to see if they try to improve, but it is a bit unpractical to subscribe from the UK, and in Italy I know of no one importing the new titles monthly in a reliable way.

Re: Comicopolis, yeah, I like Deadpool.

:boo:

I posted here as I had some difficulty finding any reviews online.

After checking some of the other prints, my copy (ANAD Deadpool #4) is in fact a misprint -- the first misprint I've found.

If anyone else knows of any such misprints, please let me know. :foryou:

Is there a consensus on which All New All Different titles are the best so far?

For instance, when the New 52 started there were some quality books that stood head and shoulders above the rest. Batman, Animal Man and Swamp Thing come to mind.

I used to have a $50+ dollar weekly pull list of 70/30, Marvel, DC. With another 20-30 on Image/Indies.

Now for Marvel I wait for trades, and I only have maybe 5 books overall on pull from Marvel, plus Batman until Snyder Leaves.

I used to have a $50+ dollar weekly pull list of 70/30, Marvel, DC. With another 20-30 on Image/Indies.

Now for Marvel I wait for trades, and I only have maybe 5 books overall on pull from Marvel, plus Batman until Snyder Leaves.

Batman is my only DC title right now and the rest are Image/indies. I had been trade-waiting Hawkeye. I grew up reading only Marvel and would like to dip my toe back into the waters with the recent relaunch, but I don't want to waste money reading dreck.

Is there a consensus on which All New All Different titles are the best so far?

For now, I have given up, and not read what I bought so far (Inhumans, Carnage), I have read an issue of Ms. Marvel but I liked it less than the previous series (although the writer is always Wilson).

If and whenever I’ll read the other two, I will chime in. (thumbs u