• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Modern Marvel Reader

481 posts in this topic

JIM: #622-#640

Loki gets to be mischievous in his own book at last.

Did you like this?

Scarlet Spider is surprisingly fantastic.

Yes, I did like that run of JIM comics.

I agree that Scarlet Spider is surprisingly good.

ASM #650-#670.

Fell way behind in my Spidey reading because it was so terrible for so long but catching back up with it now. Great writing from Dan Slott but really atrocious art from Humberto Ramos.

ASM #671-#673 & Annual #39

Finally caught up with Spidey before the big change with #700. More entertaining writing from Dan Slott, including a decent Lizard story but the Sinister Six arc went on for too long and Alpha is extremely irritating.

ASM #671-#673 & Annual #39

Finally caught up with Spidey before the big change with #700. More entertaining writing from Dan Slott, including a decent Lizard story but the Sinister Six arc went on for too long and Alpha is extremely irritating.

Yes

I was told by another member though that he's suppose to be that way. I just hope I can stand him long enough to see his reform.

Avenging Spider-Man: #1-#12

Or the new Marvel Team-Up. Some hit, some miss. Two really good issues from a writer new to me - Zeb Wells - and some awful Deadpool nonsense at the end.

Is Deadpool the worst comic book character ever created?

Avenging Spider-Man: #1-#12

Or the new Marvel Team-Up. Some hit, some miss. Two really good issues from a writer new to me - Zeb Wells - and some awful Deadpool nonsense at the end.

Is Deadpool the worst comic book character ever created?

Deadpool is right up there with Hal Jordan as the worst character's created.

ASM: #694 - Humberto Ramos' terrible art has finally worn off onto Dan Slott, so we have a badly written issue with possibly the most irritating character in modern comics - Alpha.

Avengers vs X-men: #0-#11 - 12 issues of pointless squabbles and dire dialogue. Is it wrong to want all of them to die?

AVX vs: #1-#5 - more of the same nonsense.

The Avengers: #24.1-#30 - somebody put this book out of its misery, woeful writing and awful art.

New Avengers: #23-#30 - more fighting with mutants in the dullest way possible.

Why do you read this stuff if you dislike it so much? Shouldn't you be out on your bike? :baiting:

Being tired from cycling is probably what caused him to become Grumpopolis. :fear:

Secret Avengers: 23-31 - gone from being the weakest Avengers title to being the best. Rick Remender taking over the writing is a massive improvement but it's still somewhat of a disappointment to see the original Human Torch, the original Vision and the original Captain Marvel making comebacks - when characters die, just let them die.