• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers 1, 4, DD 1, TOS 39, TTA 27, X-men 1 plus more - All CGC 8.0

102 posts in this topic

Frank (Carebear) paid me immediately after posting the :takeit: and the book has gone out. He was the first person to pay me who bought anything in this tread and I have had no problems dealing with him. Not sure why he was on the probation list but he has been first class all the way for me to deal with.

So why bother with posting this at the beginning of your sales thread if you are not going to honor it ? (shrug)

Now for the preamble:

1) No HOS or probation members

I admire and appreciate you coming clean about selling to someone who is on the probation list, as a lot of others would do it on the slide, but I do think it's a pity and undermines the validity and usefulness of the probation list. I'm sure you'll get a PM from "Frank" telling you I have some imaginary grudge against him, but I would do this to every one who has landed himself on the probation list or HOS.

Why? Frank posted :takeit: and had already paid me before anyone alerted me to the fact he was on the probation list. What would you have suggested I do in that case.

Not sure what he did to get on the probation list in the first place but in dealing with me he seems like a good buyer and someone I would do business with again. Sounds like SpiderDan had a transaction go well with him too.

People are almost always on the probation list because they owe another boardie money for a past deal that they did not complete. In addition to being a warning to others that someone could be risky to deal with, the list is there as a sort of punishment, to make it harder for those folks to buy new comics until they pay for what they've already committed to. When you sell to them, it reduces the incentive to pay their debts. This is 100% self- policed by the community, so we really rely on everyone to participate.

oh yeah, and everyone I can personally vouch for David...

I bought my ASM 3 CGC 8.0 shipped from China from him.

:cloud9:

Wally thanks for the nice words but Hong Kong is not China :slapfight: at least not until 2046.

As an expat I am not so sensative to it but if you want to really annoy someone from Hong Kong say they are the same as mainlander and watch their head explode. With out being here it is really hard to understand the tremendous racism (is that the right word) Hong Kong Chinese have towards Mainland Chinese.

The two are worlds apart. Hong Kong is one of the richest and most developed places on the planet and a great city to live in. China on the other hand is quite poor and while developing quickly has a long way to go, just when you add up what 1.3 billion people have it sounds like a lot but on a per person basis not so much. China can be a ncie place to visit but I would not want to live there.

I know return you to the regular scheduled program about arguing about the probation list.

And the post of the month goes to!!!!

Not to mention, most in Hong Kong speak Cantonese I believe, while most mainland China residents speak Mandarin - very different languages!