• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's ask Mr. Owle posted by DBoy

11 posts in this topic

How many days does it take to get to the shipped/safe from CGC? Let's find out.

It's been 60 business days since my submission was received on January 3rd 2012 and no sign of any progress. Well considering CGC uses their safety net statement of "estimated turn around time" being ridiculously over stated and used by them making us think we are and don't see the real picture of what's going on here. Now a 1/4 of the year has gone by and it's only 2 silver age books just sitting there being over looked. How many more days should I be patient for CGC? Everyone has a threshold. Just remember folks we hold the power when it comes to anyone's type of business here in America and we hold that power with out wallets and purses. If we don't buy they don't eat so with that said we should cut back on submissions for a while to get our point across that we control the prices and speed of grading not them.

See more journals by DBoy

My last SA package was shipped safe on business day 75, on March 12th.

I just dropped off one Silver & one Bronze at ECCC on Sunday and I was told, very seriously, that current turn around time was 50 business days. I quietly, and politely, disagreed with the young lady taking my books and informed her that my most recent package took 50% longer than that.

Your books should move to Scheduled in about 10-15 business days, if you are lucky.

L

No.....I think it's spelled right. I spelled it the same way your mom did on her shopping list when she came by to tell me about what a disappointment her son Sean was to her life and that she couldn't believe a loser like him popped out of her.

No.....I think it's spelled right. I spelled it the same way your mom did on her shopping list when she came by to tell me about what a disappointment her son Sean was to her life and that she couldn't believe a loser like him popped out of her.

My mom has been dead since 1978 and she is still funnier than you are. Please continue to enjoy your fruitless and impotent shoe banging rants about turnaround times.

Just remember folks we hold the power when it comes to anyone's type of business here in America and we hold that power with out wallets and purses. If we don't buy they don't eat so with that said we should cut back on submissions for a while to get our point across that we control the prices and speed of grading not them.

To think that we almost went 4 months without someone starting another "Occupy CGC" thread. :facepalm:

we control the prices

Yes, consumers hold some power in dictating the market value of services provided. At the moment, with the tons of inbound submissions still heading to CGC on a regular basis and the tremendous popularity at Cons for getting SS books, it would appear that consumers are indicating that they are content with the current level of service and value, as am I.

If you are truly unhappy with the service then execute your game plan and stop sending CGC your books and your money. Don't plan on rallying enough support from fellow consumers to have a successful crusade against CGC though. I understand that you are not a satisfied customer, but you need to understand that you are in the minority.

and speed of grading not them

As we are not the graders we, in fact, do not control the speed of grading...

The end result should be the sign of a job well done, not necessarily the speed you get there. Like sex (thumbs u . Are you serious in that you would want CGC to rush through the handling, resto checking, and grading of your precious books? Even in CGC's possession my books are still my books and I would prefer they take their time and do the job right.

I understand that you feel that CGC is not getting your books back to you fast enough, but you seem to have already decided on the next step in your course of action and only need to take it... stop using CGC.

I called last week to check on the few books I submitted at the Amazing AZ Con at the beginning of January and was told they are currently working on books that were submitted in mid-Dec and it would likely be 3 more weeks before they got to mine. This should not be a surprise to anyone at this point, and to be honest if it was that big a deal I would have paid for express. I believe most here feel the same. Now lets stop all the negativity and hug it out! :cloud9:

sig.jpg

the best advice I ever got: if you are subbing books under Economy you might as well mail them off and forget about them. I am a collector, not a flipper, so i can wait out 75 days if I must. My new thing for 2012 will be to send in a few books a month so something is always close to being graded ;)

don't sweat it too much. I was annoyed with the wait time for a while then got over it.

I have Wizard World Philadelphia coming up and I decided to wait until this event so I can just hand my books over for the onsite grading. Of course the cost is upgraded but I look at it as I am saving on the shipping and handling.

I don't have a problem waiting for my books. Clouded9 aid it best, they are still our books. Take a five star restaurant, would you wand the cooks to rush your $100 mean or take their time preparing it. How would anyone feel purchasing a 9.8 graded copy that clearly should not be a 9.8.

Read my Journals, I have had issues with CGC, but I won't boycott them. I like their service. I like what they have done to change this hobby for me and until I stop collecting comic books I will continue to collect CGC graded comic books.

Tnerb