• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Orlando Comic Expo - September 23, 2012!

62 posts in this topic

*** Message from Tupenny ****

Ben Templesmith drinking Orlando-Comic-Expo FREE beer at a pre-party

going on now at "A Comic Shop" in Orlando.

ben-templesmith-beers_zps5f459906.jpg

**** End of Message from Tupenny ********

Ewwww. Who put a floater in that cup?

What a great first Orlando Comic Expo! Lots of great comics, variety, artists, etc.

If this becomes an annual or bi-annual, I will be attending.

I'll show you guys/gals a group pic of the sketches I got done -

9E5BC2EB-C823-42BA-89B0-CA47F7336D33-4388-00000113195D075E_zps4a6d21d4.jpg

Top: Ron Wilson / Javier Lugo

Bottom: Ben Templesmith / Bob Camp

I'll put a better pic of each up in a thread in the Signature Series Subforum.

Thanks again to all of those who made this happen and the artists who took the time to talk with me and add to my growing Batman art collection.

Pretty impressive debut for this show. Crowd was good. Sales were good. About time O-Town had a decent show.

Only complaint is the load in. What a cluster fluck. Preventing people from parking right in front of the door to unload (literally three feet away) and door stops will seriously help the issue

Good first effort I thought. The show was really buzzing by 1:00 pm with plenty of attendees. Could've used a few more dedicated comic dealers, but hopefully those will come as the show expands. Still spent more then I had planned, largely due to a purchase from the best looking dealer in the room. Congrats to Announcer Guy and Stephen for a fine first effort. :applause:

To put it simply...the Orlando Comic Expo was a massive success.

This show had a high attendance right out of the gate, with about 900 paid admissions + kids. Almost every exhibitor reported to me that they did very well and were very impressed with the turnout.

Nobody knew what to expect. There was hesitation by some exhibitors as Orlando has had numerous conventions throughout the years that came and just as quickly fizzled away after show #1. Fortunately, we've got a formula for convention promotion that seems to work, so we are excited to continue to grow the convention in the coming years.

As Mike mentioned, load-in was a headache. Being that it was our first time operating at the venue, I expected some growing pains. We're working to fix that problem for the next one. As well, parking was a problem. We're also working to have that issue resolved.

I think we've finally been able to give the city of Orlando a high-quality, comic convention.