• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Sunshine Club, maybe it's a sign

42 posts in this topic

Maybe it is just me, but I don't see any sense in holding money.

Me neither, and I always viewed these as an "on demand" type of deal, which allows people to donate and contribute based on their own views, ethics and morals.

Without bringing up specific examples, not every cause is equal from my viewpoint, and if some board member was destitute due to substance abuse or credit card overspending, I would feel much less inclined to help than if it was a death in the family or a medical emergency.

Others may disagree, and give generously to a recovering drug addict, while not seeing unemployment as quite a severe predicament, and those differences are what makes the world go round. But I think everyone should be able to decide when and where to contribute.

And as I've said before, while it is truly amazing what you guys have done to raise funds in the past, the CGC forums are not the United Way.

I've been browsing some of the non comic related threads, some of the comic books ones...and some of the Me threads. Some of the threads where people have problems, too.

Then I saw it would have been Nik's birthday today.

I've been thinking of a way to use some of the Me threads to a good advantage,, kind of a lemons and lemonade thingy.

What if we were to start a sunshine club in Nik's memory (or the memory of more people) ..and start it off by asking for voluntary contributions for certain things.

Like Me threads...

Or from Probation people.

Maybe just regular people who want to contribute, or who want to give a little back after receiving contributions.

My thought was to have 3 people as the holder of the funds...and perhaps some kind of election for people who can suggest distribution of funds.

That's as far as I got...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Stones?

(Beatles;)

Discuss

sounds good.