• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So.... Where'd you stay ?

1 post in this topic

I was considering how this group is constantly traveling to different cities and staying in different hotels all the time, and I thought it might be cool to have a thread ........WITH PICS :sumo: ..... of some of those different places. Lets see some of the fancy, classy and elegant buildings people are staying in. Maybe a shot of the lobby or front entrance. Or the brickwork outside.... whatever. (my dad was an architect by profession, and I have always had a love for buildings and structures. especially old ones ) :cloud9:

Since this hobby has connections in cities all over the world, places I'll never get a chance to visit :( , I'd love to see a few shots of all the different Hotels and cities everyone gets to visit. Perhaps a running thread ? I bet the Hotels would love the publicity and someday, (the smart ones) might start offering us special deals when cons are coming to their towns hm:wishluck:

This is where my wife and I stayed for ECCC 2012. Its called The Camlin and was built in 1926. The outside details are pretty cool. I mean, it was a different time and they just don't make hotels with these kinds of artistic detail nowadays :( Some other part of the project gets the creativity notice. Maybe the lighting. Maybe the use of space and air flows. Maybe a super cool water feature or an engineering marvel. Whatever.... anyways, lets see em

This is where we were at. Seattle Washington. 1 1/2 blocks from the Convention Center. Only 1 block from Ruths Chris steakhouse..... :luhv:

IMG_9058.jpg

IMG_9059.jpg

IMG_9062.jpg

IMG_9060.jpg

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_9053.jpg

IMG_9054.jpg