• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller reselling my not yet closed auction

133 posts in this topic

So, an ebay seller devlincollectibles (boardie?) has placed the opening bid on my Ultimate Spider-man 1 CGC 9.6 @ $99.99 and has already listed it in his Ebay store for $229.

It seems to me that this is pretty effed up. Am I wrong here? Should I retract his bid or block him as a buyer?

I would like some experienced ebay seller opinions because I am pretty new at the Ebay game but I am annoyed by this.

My Auction

His Re-Sale

What would other sellers do?

That's pretty crazy that he is already assuming he is going to win, but I don't see any real harm here.

If he wins your auction who cares what he does with it. The assumption is just kind of rude.

He can't sell something he does not own. I believe eBay will pull the listing, last I checked "preselling" was against the rules.

The others are right that as long as I get what I want I would be happy, but it is the principal of this that really ticks me off.

I will look myself, but if anyone has a quick link to where I can report it, I would appreciate it.

His offering of the comic competes with your auction, and could negatively impact bidding on your book (he already has fielded 3 offers for your book). I'd block him as a bidder.

Activate his BIN, and then retract his bid and block him.

It would be funny to see how he reacts.

I would but then I am sure he would leave me negative feedback.

He can't. Only the buyer can leave negative feedback. Be sure to leave him negative feedback when he can't make good on his comic sale.

Actually, he wouldnt be able to. Sellers can't leave negative feedback and he can't leave negative feedback as a buyer if you cancel his bid.

Actually, he wouldnt be able to. Sellers can't leave negative feedback and he can't leave negative feedback as a buyer if you cancel his bid.

+1 to everything they said. This would be pretty funny.