• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marco of Mars by Wolverton

6 posts in this topic

I've been working on a book of Basil Wolverton's serious comics and would like to show examples of "Marco of Mars" if possible. The daily-strip-style art was sold off in the late 1960s. I believe 12 examples exist, two of which are owned by Glenn Bray and shown in his "The Original Art of Basil Wolverton." I found two other examples at Cool Lines Artwork and am now following that lead. Any help in locating any others would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wow, no I haven't. This is from the earliest version c.1928 (according to Bray). I already show the first 12 of these, but didn't realize there were more. Looks like this is #14. Could I use this? I'll send you a free book and thank you in the acknowledgments.

Wow, no I haven't. This is from the earliest version c.1928 (according to Bray). I already show the first 12 of these, but didn't realize there were more. Looks like this is #14. Could I use this? I'll send you a free book and thank you in the acknowledgments.

Thanks, but you might not want to follow up your generous offer when you learn that I simply performed an internet search to find that image!

E-mail me off-list if you want me to forward you details.