• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ah... the wait begins anew...

4 posts in this topic

Last week's acquisitions and recent submits

So, the wait begins again. I am not complaining about the time it takes for CGC to grade, slab and return my books. I am talking about the wait of anticipation. You know what I am talking about. It is that 'Christmas is only in four more days' type of wait.

I went to show in NYC at the Penn Pavilion last weekend and had an interesting time walking around. I saw the reports on the message board and was amused that a fellow boardie was next to me taking pictures of Stan talking to Neal Adams. I almost threw a guy into a wall as he was about to sign a CGC submission sheet by placing his paper on the comics that I was submitting. (He realized what he was about to do before I realized it for him.)

Neal Adams was a treat as I had never done the CGC SS thing before. He was a pleasure to talk to and I took to the knee so I could actually listen. Perhaps more on that in another journal entry. On a side note, I had sold all of my Batman books a few years ago to pay for college classes. It was nice to pick up a mid grade 227 to have him sign it. Felt like I was getting one of my old books back.

I submitted the following:

To Be Graded

Amazing Spiderman 21 Expecting a 5.5

Amazing Spiderman 23 (Bought from Metropolis at the show at advertised 8.5. Let's see what happens.)

Amazing Spiderman 24 Expecting a 6.0

Amazing Spiderman 43 Expecting a 8.0-8.5

Amazing Spiderman 53 Expecting a 6.0

Amazing Spiderman 101 Expecting a 7.5 - 8.0

Amazing Spiderman 119 Expecting a 9.4

Batman 227 Signed by Neal Adams - Expecting a 5.5-6.0

Reslabs

Amazing Spiderman 41 8.0 (Needed it reslabbed due to poor shipping)

Avengers 4 6.0 (Needed it reslabbed due to poor shipping)

See more journals by Buzzetta

Thanks for sharing your Con experience. Curious how the whole CGC SS thing works myself, but haven't seen any writers/artists I would want to sign my books- the Walking Dead creators do a lot of signings here in AZ, but I'm not a fan. It would be cool to see Neal Adams and Stan Lee though!

Good luck on your submissions, and be sure to follow-up before next year with the grades you received!

sig.jpg

Ha - I submitted them last week so I expect to have them some time around August. It is what it is.

I keep putting off doing the meet and greet with Stan Lee and I fear that I may not have many more years to get that done. The question is, what would I have him sign? A friend suggested the lesser of my two AF15's but I do not think I would want to do that. I think my conscience would be at ease with a higher grade Amazing Spiderman 39 or a 7.0-8.5 copy of an Amazing Spider-man 23.

Thanks for the reply.

I too was at the NYCBM.

Went there with the soul purpose of getting several books signed by Stan Lee, eleven books total to be exact. Like you I never did CGC SS, I was not a fan (read my post "New To CGC").

Spider-Man # 1 (1990) Silver

Spider-Man # 1 (1990)

Silver Surfer # 1 Orgin

Iron Man # 2

Iron Man # 3

A S M # 100

A S M # 101 Morbius 1st app

A S M # 121 "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" (as John Romita signature)

A S M # 122 "The Goblin's Last Stand" (as John Romita signature)

A S M # 136 1st app of Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin

A S M # 137 2nd app of Harry Osborn as the Green Goblin

This group of books will be my first CGC Signature Series.

Now I have started purchasing high grade CGC books.

I even sent 10 books to CGC for grading prior to the CGC SS

Venom Along Came A Spider (1996) # 1

Venom Along Came A Spider (1996) # 2

Venom Along Came A Spider (1996) # 3

Venom Along Came A Spider (1996) # 4

Looks like the first Venom Along Came A Spider collection to be graded.

Hope they get graded High 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man (2nd series 1998) # 1B sunburst variant

Amazing Spider-Man (2nd series 1998) # 50

Amazing Spider-Man (2nd series 1998) # 500

Peter Parker Spider-Man (1999) # 1B sunburst variant

Sensational Spider-Man (1996) # 1

Spider-Man Team Up (1995) # 1

Now, ....anticipation, it's making me wait.