• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Me Break Stuff....

4 posts in this topic

*disclaimer* this post should not violate any forum rules since my forums are computer/technology related and in no way competition to these forums. However I will remove this post if it deemed necessary.

We are testing out the new servers we installed for our forums at:

www.hardforum.com

(scroll to the bottom of the first page to see how many people are currently online)

We are trying to get people to put as much stress as we can get on the forums to stress test them. We just put the new hardware online so we'd like to see how well it holds up under load becasue we have an average of 1,000 at a time reading our forums so we need hardware/software that wont break under stress.

cool site I guess (Im not a hardware geek) but why the black bkgnd? Or is that adjustable in preferences??

the color scheme is the same as our main site www.hardocp.com and I use a black background on www.hypothermia.us as well. Just to be different. We set our "colors" 5 years ago and stuck with it...kind of a trademark. We've copyrighted our logo and everything else. Being one of the largest hardware sites on the planet, it helps us stand out from the cookie-cutter sites.

504481-error.jpg

that didn't take long Steve. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

back on now, it crapped at 1401 people...lol!