• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anyone buy from basement comics before?

40 posts in this topic

Al is one of the best dealers out there. Honest and very fair.

Reasonable. You forgot reasonable.

:D

Al has great books and is super cool. I have bought tons of stuff from him over the years. To give you a flavor of how cool he is, last year at one of the Chicago cons I looked at an Albedo 2 he had on the wall. It was very heavily and sloppily color touched.

Rather than just hand the book back after seeing it, my brain decided to ignore its own normal internal monologue protocols, and I exclaimed, "Man whoever color touched this book just absolutely destroyed it!"

Al just smiled and said something along the lines of, "I know, right," and put the book back up on the display. Thanks for not banning me for life on the grounds that I am sometimes a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, Al.

Now that Al knows Lou likes Winnie the Pooh, he makes it a point to pick up something new for Lou every year.

He still eats too much licorice.

Al has great books and is super cool. I have bought tons of stuff from him over the years. To give you a flavor of how cool he is, last year at one of the Chicago cons I looked at an Albedo 2 he had on the wall. It was very heavily and sloppily color touched.

Rather than just hand the book back after seeing it, my brain decided to ignore its own normal internal monologue protocols, and I exclaimed, "Man whoever color touched this book just absolutely destroyed it!"

Al just smiled and said something along the lines of, "I know, right," and put the book back up on the display. Thanks for not banning me for life on the grounds that I am sometimes a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, Al.

He should have kicked you in he nuts and spit on your fallen body.

Al has great books and is super cool. I have bought tons of stuff from him over the years. To give you a flavor of how cool he is, last year at one of the Chicago cons I walked up to his table and a guy was looking at an Albedo #2 Al had on his wall. It must have had some restoration.

Rather than just hand the book back after seeing it, the guy exclaimed, "Man whoever color touched this book just absolutely destroyed it!" He was really snotty about it too.

Al just smiled and said something along the lines of, "I know, right," and put the book back up on the display as the guy shuffled off. I was pretty impressed with Al's restraint and said so. His response was, "Oh, that's just Sean. He's special." What a wonderful and patient man Al is. The world is better place with him in it!

He was just so relieved you didn't ask for the interpretive dance discount. :eek:

I like Al, his books & prices.

Yep. He's nice, ruggedly handsome, quick with a joke, always willing to work with you on pricing, and bathes regularly.

A man's comic-book man is what Al is (thumbs u

He was just so relieved you didn't ask for the interpretive dance discount. :eek:

Surprisingly, that only works on Richard.