• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

History Channel On Demand (not ot believe it or not! :)

2 posts in this topic

For those of you who get History Channel On Demand, there is a documentary called Comic Book Heroes. It's basically a documentary about the history of comic books, and it's very informative. I've yet to get through the whole thing, my daughter has this thing about Finding Nemo, and she seems to only want to watch it while Im watching the doc, but I'm about to restart it and watch it all the way through.

A quick note for those who don't know what History Channel On Demand is:

With Comcast digital cable service (and possibly others but I don't know offhand) there is a special menu of On Demand, which basically offers shows and movies that come on regular cable (as well as those that are PPV), which you can stop, fast forward, rewind and pause right from the box. It's pretty neat, and if you get a similar service, and the History Channel, you should check for this, it has been very educational so far.

Vince

Comic Book Heroes was run on the History Channel (the non-digital version that comes with my basic cable) about 6 months ago. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the pros like Frank Miller talking about how Steranko was the first "rock star" of comics.